New Neighborhood

*Luhan's POV*

I just moved into a new neighborhood which I was pretty excited about. This was the first time I've ever moved into a new environment, which gave me a rush of fear and excitement. The main reason why I moved was because my mother, father and I all came from China. They're big in the medical field, and decided to move to Korea to start a new life here.

I guess I was sad about leaving all of my friends behind, but before I left I told everyone that my goal was to make as many friends as possible, which I suppose will be very easy for me, since I'm such a likable person. I've never met one person who hasn't wanted to be my friend.

In the neighborhood my family and I moved into didn't have a lot of teenagers around my age so being in a neighborhood with no teenagers didn't help me with having as much friends as possible. The lucky thing for me was right when we moved in; the women next door said she had a teenage boy around my age, so my first goal was to become his friend.

My parents were just unloading the moving truck with boxes of furniture and clothing, but my mother said that I should go talk to the boy next door, since I guess she saw me bored, because all I was doing was playing on my phone. I was really happy she said that, because I was hoping I wouldn't have to be the first one to ask to leave.

My mother gave me some rice cakes to give them. Once I took the rice cakes, I walked over to their house and put on the biggest smile I could without looking like a total psychopath and knocked on the door three times. When the mother opened the door I guess she was shocked to see me because her eyes opened wider and she stepped back as if she saw a ghost or something.

I guess she saw my offended face and explained "oh, no you didn't scare me, I was just shocked you were visiting. " The mother says in a gentle smile, she gave off a soothing aura, an aura like you want her to take care of you.

I gave a warm smile and asked if I could come in, but she looked really uncertain about it...was she hiding something...c-could she be a murderer, hiding the bodies?! Wait...why am I thinking that, that's just going way too far, but I was very curious on what she was trying to hide. She hesitantly let me in though, and as I walked in I took off my shoes and entered the kitchen to place the rice cakes on the counter.

She was very nice and asked me if I wanted to eat one, and of course I said yes. My mother's rice cakes are the best! When I agreed I then asked "can your son come and eat with us, I'm new here and at least want my neighbor as my friend." I say in a smile.

Once I asked if her son could eat with us, she had a discouraged look on her face but I guess she tried shrugging off the feeling of discouragement as she slightly nodded and left the room to get her son. Now I was totally confused on why she was acting this way...was it because of her son? He's the same age as me, she shouldn't be treating him like a baby.

When she finally came back into the kitchen her son was by her side but once he saw me he ran right behind his mother, hiding himself like she was a shield and I was some sort of disease. I've never seen anyone my age, hiding behind their mother like that. If anything I've only see four year old kids do it when they meet someone new, and that was what he was doing.

Even though I was confused on why he was acting this way I put on a smile and asked him to sit down with me and eat. He hesitantly sat in front of me with his mother standing behind his chair holding his shoulders to comfort him. The son wouldn't even look me in the eyes; he was just looking down, he wasn't even looking at the rice cakes!

His mother could tell I was confused because she said "please don't look too offended."

I didn't know I had that expression on my face and loosened the muscles in my face as I exclaim "oh, I'm not offended!" I say, trying to clear things up.

"The thing is, my son has Agoraphobia, so he doesn't even leave the house. He does his classes online and he's never really interacted with someone outside of the family for years. Since he doesn't go to school and doesn't leave the house, he has no friends, he'll loosen up to you though, don't worry." She explains in a smile. She then says in a gentle voice to her son "come on, tell him your name."

The boy looked up at me, but once our eyes made contact he quickly looked back down like he saw something scary. He then says in a stutter, holding onto the end of his shirt "m-m-my name is...K-Kim...Minseok..." As he says that I smile, he was actually pretty cute.

The mom smiles and rubs Minseok's arm as she says "good job Minseok-ah." As she says that she then asks "Minseok, this boy wants to be your friend, do you want to go upstairs and show him your bedroom?"

He didn't seem too encouraged to show me his bedroom but nodded slightly anyway as he got up from his chair and left the room, expecting me to follow him...so I did.

Once we got upstairs, we entered his bedroom. I thought it was going to be one of those weird bedrooms that have millions of toys in them, with jack-in-the-boxes that randomly spring up and choo-choo trains running along the ground, but surprisingly it was normal. In his bedroom was a bed, desk, a book shelf, closet, his own bathroom connected to his bedroom and a laptop.

He sat on his bed cross-legged and his mother comes in behind us and says in a smile "I'll bring up the rice cakes and something to drink, you two play nicely. " As his mother says that, she closes the door and leaves Minseok and I in his bedroom alone together.

An awkward silence was going around the room, I guess both of us had nothing to say, but I don't think he'd talk to me anyway because I'm a 'stranger' for now, I'll become his friend soon enough.

I sat down on his bed next to him, but once I sat down he scooted away from me a little, like I smelled bad. I smelled under my arms a bit to check if I smelled, but it wasn't the smell because I had just taken a shower the other day.

I smiled at him as I turned my body so I was now facing him and asked him "what do you like to do?"

As expected no reply, which I didn't really mind. If I had to give him time to open up to me, then I'll wait as long as I need too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm done the first chapter everyone! I'm starting to really like this fan fiction and the plot to it. I didn't really care that it was a depressing fan fiction because on my Taepyo fan fiction no one seemed to mind, so I'll write another one, but as a xiuhan fan fiction. I hope you guys like the story line so far and next chapter will probably be out either today or tomorrow.