What the heck is he even saying?!

Royal blood.

Her blood?

"Nine"

Wft?! What do you mean nine seconds?!

"Eight"

He's talking about how if one of the ice powers died without an heir by blood, the powers go to a random person whether or not they have good or bad intentions, and so far it never happened.

He thinks I'm the random person.

"Wait", I breathlessly yelled struggling, "I can explain!"

"If this is a trick, I'll end you", he hissed.

Okay. Please let this be what you meant, Damon.

"Are you referring to how the powers go to another person when the holder passes away without an heir?", I quickly asked before he gave a sharp nod.

The real question is: how does he know all of this? Only my mother and the SDG knows.

This is getting annoying and I feel pressure on my chest.

"I'm not a random person. I'm the heir, idiot", I hissed out, "I'm the daughter of Eira"

"Eira has a daughter?", his tone came out confused before he gritted and it's like he's having an internal battle between himself, "Stop lying"

"Why don't you ask her then?", I gave out a dry laugh, "Oh right, you killed her! "

He looked surprised for a moment before his gaze darkened, "It wasn't me who did"

It wasn't me who did

No, it wasn't: I didn't do it.

"Who did then? WHO?!", my eyes began to sting as hot tears fought to escape, "How am I supposed to believe that?"

"Still working on it, snowflake", he let me go moving as far away as possible.

SNOWFLAKE?!

"Still working on it?!", I faced him about to lose my mind.

First my powers.

Then, this.

"I just need the right evidence", he narrowed his eyes still holding his combat, "You have to believe me"

"Why?", I let out a dry laugh, "Because you've been hiding since the news came out?"

"Hiding and scheming have different meanings, no?"

No words came out after that, so he continued.

"Won't that make us even? How would I trust that you are her daughter?", he raised an eyebrow staring right into my soul.

My mother was clever when it came to trusting people, and she would share little to no amount of information about herself or anyone if she thinks this person isn't trustworthy.

She knew a person's real intention. I don't know if it was her powers that gave her this advantage, but I sure have this advantage too.

That's why I'll make use of it.

"Three things", I looked at him dead in the eye, "Name three things only people close to her know"

Let's see, Damon. You better not be lying or I may or may not regret my next actions.

He took a deep breath doubting if I should be trusted or not, "Her favorite color was teal. She likes the phrase pure grace. If she would change her powers, she would like to have the water element. Your turn"