Twenty-Three (23) - Utgard Castle

Start from the beginning

"I'm so done with you and your pet names for me. I hate you." Y/n said.

The h/c girl went ahead first, the 104th followed behind hed. Payne smirked and shook his head, but he suddenly stiffened on his place when Nanaba went close to him and held his right shoulder, he felt pain when the blond-woman gripped his right shoulder. "Ow..." Payne muttered.

"Whatever it is you're planning...we reallt don't care. But if you ever plan to ruin the survey corps, or... that girl..." Nanaba looked at the h/c girl's back. The blond-woman then let go of Payne's shoulder. "We'll ruin you first." Nanaba said, then she went ahead, following the 104th cadets.

Gelgar, Henning and Lynne gave Payne one last warning look, Payne just calmly smiled at them, showing them that he's not affected, not even a bit. "Roger that." Payne cooly said.

He's calm. Because there's nothing really to be worried about him. He's not dangerous, and Payne's confident that Y/n knows that. He accepts the suspicions the other people gives him, but he doesn't care. He's only gonna care if it's Y/n, since he desperately neeeds the h/c girl. Payne won't care about anything else, not until he gets to know the truth about their issues.

Y/n suddenly stopped making the others stopped as well. She almost screamed out of joy upon sighting a ruined castle where she thought they can have the rest for the night. The others have noticed the place as well.

"Hey...is that...a ruined castle...?" Gelgar asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mike's squad along with Y/n, Payne and the 104th cadets arrived at the ruined castle. Mike's squad and the 104th cadet went inside while Y/n and Payne stayed outside for no reason.

Gelgar, Nanaba, Henning and Lynne put their torches on the torches' holders hanging on the wall to put at least a little light into the place.

While Ymir and Krista collected some firewoods and stone they can use to make a bonfire. When the two girls finished collecting firewoods and stones, Reiner, Bertolt and Connie are  the ones who made the bonfire.

Payne leaned on a wall whilst he watch Y/n who's sitting on the ground and staring at a rock she's holding, the rock actually looks more like a crystal. Payne scoffed to break the silence between him and the h/c girl.

"Jeez. This place is so close to the wall. But there are signs that someone was living here until recently. Maybe some hooligans must have been using this place ae their base. The sign outside said it's called "Utgard Castle." I never knew that there was an old castle in a place like this..." Payne said.

He frowned when Y/n didn't even look at him, and the h/c girl looks like she's not even listening to him when he was talkimg "I didn't know you fancy rocks so much, sexy babe...I think I'm more gorgeous than that rock, hmm?"

Y/n rolled her eyes and Payne was more than happy because he finally got the h/c girl's attention. "This is not just an ordinary rock, Jean." Y/n said.

Payne's brows furrowed, he walked towards Y/n and sat beside her.

His lips slolwy shaped into a smirk. "Damn. My name sounds so good when it comes from your mouth. You should say my name pretty often."

Y/n ignored Payne's teasing and kept her stare at the piecs of crystal she's holding. "This is not just a rock. This is a fragment of the..." Y/n paused for a while and looked around, making sure that no one is around. She then moved closer to Payne so she can just lower her voice. Payne leaned his ear close to Y/n. "This is a fragment of the female titan's hardened skin that she left behind. I picked it up earlier..."

Payne's eyes widened. "Wha...what?! It's still here?!" He asked in disbelief.

"Shush!" Y/n said.

Payne shut his mouth and nod.