Episode 38: Escape from the City

LET'S CATCH YOU UP TO SPEED...

"I'm Sonic, Sonic the Hedgehog, a student on my path toward becoming a pro hero! Some military troops suddenly showed up saying they were looking for me. Looks like they might be taking me for a ride somewhere. Hey! What's this? Handcuffs?! Wait a minute, what are you talking about? I'm not a deserter from any military facility! I thought it may be some kinda joke, but this isn't funny! I gotta get outta here!"

This episode picks up right after Sonic's arrest. Since then, he's been taken into a helicopter headed for Prison Island. Above the capital city. From a helicopter.

Sonic: *humming a song to himself* So what is it you jerks think I stole anyway?

Soldier 1: I'm not allowed to talk to you.

Sonic: Well you're no fun.

Soldier 2: heading due south over the city.

Pilot: We're en route, everything's a go.

Music Insert:

Sonic then gets up and stretches, having swiped the guard's key before and broken out of the cuffs.

Sonic: Well, this has been fun. Sorry fellas, but I can't stick around. I'll see you guys around.

Soldier 1: Wait! What the-?!

The guards try to restrain Sonic but they're not a match for him.

Control Tower Associate: This is control tower. We have you on our radar. Report cargo status of captured hedgehog aboard, over!

Pilot: That's a 10-4. Cargo secured and... *surprised* WHAT?!

Control Tower Associate: Didn't copy that, over!

Pilot: The hedgehog's gone, he's taken out everyone aboard and-!

Control Tower Associate: What's wrong?! Come in, over!

Pilot: What in the world!?

Sonic busts out of the helicopter, while in the air, and grabs onto the side of it. He then hops on top of the helicopter and rips off a large piece of metal.

Pilot: Freeze! What do you think you're doing!? S-S-Somebody get that hedgehog!

Sonic: Talk about low-budget flights, no food, or movies? I'm outta here! I like running better!

Sonic jumps off the helicopter and spins into the city while on the metal board.

Sonic: Yeah!!!

Soldier 1: Oh my God! Is he insane?!

Soldier 2: *on coms* Commander Topaz. We lost the suspect. 

Topaz: WHAT?! Follow that Hedgehog! We can't let him get away!

Pilot: Roger that! *on his coms* Attention all units! Suspect seen heading south. Block all major roads and capture the suspect.

Sonic lands on a downward incline and starts grinding down the road on the metal scrap.

Level Insert: