•ONE•

Nicole Adams

It's currently 5:00 in the morning, and it's also way too early for getting on a plane.

My family and I are moving to LA, where my brother Jack Gilinsky lives. I'm excited I get to see him, just not excited to start a new life in LA.

I sat back in my seat and put in my earbuds, trying to distract myself from all of the negative thoughts with music.

-

I woke up to my stepsister, Stephanie, shaking me awake "Hey, get up. We're here." She said

Stephanie is twelve, so two years younger than me, and she always seems to get on my last nerve. She's a brat that always seems to get me in trouble to sum it up.

We all got off of the plane and looked for Jack who was going to pick us up.

After a couple of minutes of searching for him, I found him and joy filled my body.

I ran up to him and attacked him with a hug.

"I missed you so much!" I said into his shirt "I missed you, too." He said while wrapping his arms around me.

When I released from the hug everyone else took their turn at saying hi's and giving him a hug and everything.

My mom is white and my dad was black, but he died when I was 10 years old.

Jack's dad is still alive, they just got divorced. So now I live with my mom's boyfriend, Michael, and his daughter, Stephanie.

-

Our new house was really nice. Nicer than the pictures, obviously.

"Dang." I said while shutting the car door "It's nice isn't it. Do you like it?" Jack asked "Yeah, that's why I said dang." I laughed.

I grabbed my stuff from the car and walked into the house.

I walked upstairs and found a room I liked that I'm pretty sure wasn't taken.

I set my stuff down in there and sat on the floor. I plugged my phone in the wall and sat down on the floor, against the wall.

Jack walked in and sat next to me.

"How do you like the inside of the house?" He asked "It's pretty nice." I admitted "Good, well come downstairs and help us unpack." He said then got up "K. I'll be down there in a sec."

We had all spent the whole day moving everything in and getting situated. I never remember us having that much stuff.