Prologue

____

I lived a life filled with simple luxury. My father, the Count, is a hardworking man. My mother, the Countess, is an intelligent woman. My older brother who will succeed the Count one day, is very reliable. While my younger brother is as brave as ever.

And here comes I, the middle child daughter, who is a simple lady living her simple life with no pressure, stress-free!

Our parents weren't strict, but we are well disciplined. As a part of the Lamperouge family, we all have each of our own unique charms that no ordinary family, noble or not, could have.

My father who never complained and is hardworking. A definition of a workaholic. My mother who used her intelligence for the good. A wise woman, indeed. My older brother's brilliance and leadership. My younger brother's bravery no matter what.

They may sound simple and common personalities. But what I meant was that, they are the epitome of their personalities, where no one else could compare to their greatness.

In other words, no one is as hardworking as the Count. No one is as intelligent as the Countess. Nobody can compare to the leadership of a successor. And nobody can hold a candle against the bravery of my younger brother.

As for me, I'm just a simple lady with no unique qualities. As such, no one pays attention to me. And I'm fine with it, since it never bothered me.

I can still play around in events, meet other noble ladies to gossip with, eat as much food as I want, sleep for how many hours I like, buy things I want to buy. That was already a routine I got used to from childhood until the day I reached the age of 16.

Such a naive girl I was.

Ah, but ofcourse, there were quite a few events that supposedly ended my perfect routine. It started with an accusation of treason.

We could never! Our father was a loyal man who helped and supported the current Emperor to sit on the throne. He is a workaholic to boot, so there is no way he'll even think of commiting treason. None of us ever thought so either.

How could they do this?

Not only were we stripped off the noble title, we also lost everything we could call our own. It didn't matter if it was just valuable things, but to think they would also walk us towards the guillotine.

They are taking away our right to live. The gift of life we got from God, must only be taken away by God himself. And yet, these cruel people who blindly accused us of false crimes, tries to be a God?

"This is insane! We have never commited treason!"

"Your majesty, we are being falsely accused. Please let us have a trial and investigate thouroughly."

"We shall not die for a sin we didn't do!"

My family's protest fell into deaf ears. It seems we supported the wrong man to become Emperor. A powerless fool with no brains, as he let the aristocrats control him and rid off the important pieces from nobility.

This is unfair.

I lived a perfect life.

But I'll die a meaningless death.

In the end, everything swiftly proceeded. I surprisingly went last, despite being the middle child. I should have gone before my younger brother, and yet, the world seems to be playing with me.

Having to witness the deaths of my own family members made me feel regret. I focused on my simple life too much that I disregarded the time to bond with them.

To think my last time with them is through death. Not even a single one of our family's noble friends helped. They all watched the scene unfold, indifferent.

I held no emotions, I felt numb to the core. When faced with death, others may feel sorrow or fear. But I did not.

As I hang my head low and waited for my demise, I opened my blue eyes once more. A suspicious hooded figure caught my attention as he raised an index finger, positioning it on his lips.

As if he's signaling me to silence, before everything turned black.

___

A/N:
This isn't an April fools or a rick-roll, rest assured. There won't be a schedule update for this story, so expect some chapters to appear randomly ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

-ShaneRRR

-ShaneRRR☕