2 (editing)

Chapter 2

              "Liza!"   I slowly opened my eyes, still feeling a bit drowsy and just realizing that I'm sweating like crazy.  

 "Liza get up it's time for you to get ready for school!"  My mom yelled.  

 "Liza!" I attempted to sit up but I felt so heavy and weak.

"I'm up,I'm up." I say slowly getting out  of bed preparing to stand. My mom leaves as I walk into the bathroom and take a shower, brush my teeth, well you know what people do in the morning.  Anyway I get dressed, look in the mirror and make sure I look okay then just before I grab my backpack, phone and jacket I see a blurry figure looking at me through the window and I slowly walk towards it then stop. I think I recognize this figure or am I seeing things. I rub my eyes to make sure then look again. The figure disappeared. I confusingly grab my things then go out the door.

           As I walked down the steps I accidentally kicked my left leg with my right and nearly  fell catching myself just in time.  "Good morning Liza."  My mom says softly.    

 "Morning." I say back.

"Are you nervous about your first day of high school?" She says with extra cheer in her voice.

“Nope are you?" I say while grabbing an apple out a bowl on the counter, with my right hand and laughing.

 "Ariel's picking you up right?"    

 "Yeah." I said back.

“Well you better get going before you’re late to your first day of high school, should I take a picture?" My mom asked as she grinned.  I blankly and confusingly looked at her. 

“Just kidding now hurry up and leave." She joked laughing.  

"Goodbye." My mom said smiling.

“Bye."   I say just before I close the door. 

               I stepped outside and the sun instantly burned my eyes. I was just about to cover my face with my right hand then I remember I have an apple I spin it to find the perfect spot then take a bite. As soon as I do a shot of pain found it's way through two of my teeth. Giving an sudden unpleasent feeling. I lightly brushed my tongue against them when it feels like I nearly pricked my tongue. So I stopped.  

"Hey Liza!" Ariel shouted as I walked up to her car.  

 "Hey." I said back. Opening the door and going in.

 "So, aren't you excited, we're finally in high school!"   I asked Ariel.

 "Totally!" She replied while nodding. 

"So did you hear?"  Ariel asked while her smile widened. I gave her a puzzled look.

 "Hear what?"  

"There's a new kid." She said loudly.    

”Isn’t there always a new kid every year?"  I said back. Ariel laughs.      

 "Yeah,but this guy's actually hot like really hot,." Ariel said back.

 "Well have you seen this guy?"    

"No."      

"Then how do you know Ariel for all you know he could look like bigfoot."

 "You never know." Ariel said back. A few minutes later

"Hey guys!'  Emma yelled from across the 

"Heyyyy." Ariel says after.  

"So did you guys hear?" Emma says.

"About the new kid?" I said blankly.  

 "Yup,I hear he's actually hot." Emma says.  I groaned.

"Told ya." Ariel jokes.    

"I bet,  ♪he's just a lonely boy who's got a love that keeps him waiting♪." Jeremy sings. We all blankly look at him. Jeremy shrugs then says, “what, I really love this song."   We all begin to laugh.

"That makes no sense."  I say but he just keeps singing .

"♪Oh oo Oh I've got a love that keeps me waiting♪." I start laughing even more and we all walk in together.

                     When were inside; "We'll put our stuff up and meet at your locker."  Ariel tells me  as Emma and Jeremy nod. As they walk away I look at the locker number's trying to find my locker.  12,13,14 oh 15. I think. I can't remember my combo so I pull out a sheet of paper with my schedule and combo on it. 4-30-4 I repeat in my head as I try out the combination.   I begin to think I don't know why but I swear I thought I recognized it.  It takes me a while but I finally get my locker open, and start taking out my things.  Ariel, Jeremy, and Emma walk up.

                           "So was he cute?" Emma immediately asks. 

 "Who?" I ask back.  

"The guy you were stalking at the movies."  She answers with a big fat smile.

Ariel told her I think.  I dart my eyes toward Ariel who’s avoiding eye contact with me and smiling.  

 "I was not stalking him and~."  I am cut off by Ariel.  

 "He's cute don't you think." Ariel says.    

"Like I said earlier you haven't even seen the guy so how would you know like Bigfoot remember." I say    

 "Well~."  Emma says. As Ariel points but I'm too busy to look.    

"It doesn't even matter becau~."   I am cut off again by a familiar voice and laugh behind me. I slowly turn around and directly across the hall.  Someone's standing at a locker talking to else someone.  With emerald green eyes, black hair and a utopian face.  My jaw drops. It's the guy from the theatre looking straight at me!!!