"I'm not here to kill you, sweetheart. That's not my job."He said, starting to circle around me. 
"Technically I'm not even supposed to talk to you but you're just so interesting."He said, smiling at me. He continued around me before stopping behind me, making me look back only to stare wide eyed at the now very close lamp. 
"What made the others so willing to disregard their lessons and blindly follow you?"He questioned out loud, walking around me till he was in front of my frozen figure. 
"What if I told you I could guarantee Manny a peaceful life, one where he wouldn't have to fear if he's going to wind up in one of our lessons."He suggested, my eyes widening. 

"I'd...."I started, unable to say anything as he came closer. 

"You'd kill anything and anyone for that?"He asked, the darkness warping his lamp-like appearance to a more human-like man. 

"I'd do anything to assure he lives peacefully, with or without me."I said, smoke surrounding me as hands suddenly embraced me. I couldn't help but lean into him, my brain growing fuzzy as my body relaxed.

"Don't worry, doll, I'll make sure he doesn't die."I heard him say in my ear, a hand rubbing my head. 
"Just make sure to go to his room after you nap in the red man's bed."He whispered, what once felt like a body hugging me disappearing as my body fell to the ground. I struggled to sit up as my head spun, looking up to see the front of my- their home. I still felt dazed, almost like I was buzzed or high. I slowly stood, opening the door before staggering in. Immediately I heard running before someone hugged me, making me growl before I heard sobbing. 

"I'm sorry Val."Manny cried, though I couldn't move to hug him. 
"I'm sorry I was so mad at you, I know you understand how I feel. I'm sorry, I'm just..  So tired."Manny sobbed, his body shaking. I glanced at the wall, my head spinning. 

"Val? Are you okay?"A certain clock said, making me stare at him. I know this feeling. Dammit.

"That fucking lamp made me high."I muttered, a deadpan look panning from Manny to the clock. Manny immediately letting go of me, his crying turning to confusion. 

"What?"Poor Manny questioned, my attention going back to him. Immediately my head became clearer, looking at him with a calm face. 

"I'm not in the state to.... Make sure I say the right words but..... As long as I know you're okay with me..... It's okay."I smiled, hugging him. 
"It's easy to want to give up, but we have to fight. Can't give them the satisfaction of winning without a struggle."I said, feeling him hug me tightly. I relaxed in his touch, thinking how nice hugging Harry felt. I smiled, letting go of Manny. 
"We okay, Manny?"I asked, seeing he had his bagged eyes closed. 

"We're okay."He agreed, making me glance at the other two before looking back at Manny.

"It's been some night, go ahead and take a shower before heading to bed. I'll meet you in.... In Harry's room.''I said, Manny nodding before heading upstairs. I slowly sat on the armrest of the couch, my eyes closing. 
"I just met a teacher."I told the two teachers in the dining room doorway, immediately getting worried gasps as Tony rushed to me. 

"Are you hurt? What happened?!"The ticking clock asked, making me smile as I looked at him. 

"I'm fine. He.. He said he could guarantee that Manny... Would be okay."I said, closing my eyes again. 
"God damn bastard, this must've been his way of ensuring I'd fall asleep."I chuckled, opening my eyes. 

"What did he do?"Colin asked, making me tilt my head as I looked at him. 

"The smoke he surrounded me with is making me relaxed, meaning it'll be easier to fall asleep."I said, standing up. 
"I... I don't know what he'll do but... If what he says isn't just lies.... Maybe Manny will finally be safe."I said, staggering as I walked towards the stairs.