-16-

I watched intensely as Manny drew with Sketchbook, both Colin and Tony watching me cook. We were all in the kitchen cause I was making breakfast, Manny sitting with Sketchbook at the kitchen Island while the other two sat behind me. I ruffled Manny's hair as I set a plate of eggs in front of him, giving him time to move his drawing beforehand. I wash the pan I used and stood across from him, drinking my protein drink.

"Val, you need to eat actual food once in a while."Manny said, making me smile slightly as the others looked at me.

"I'm fine. I've been drinking soup a lot more. It has tofu so it's fine."I said, him nodding. After the food lesson both me and Manny stopped eating poultry and most meat, for obvious reasons.

"As long as your eating something."He ended, finishing his eggs. I nod as he stood and left to his room, allowing me to wash his plate.

"Val, get away from the sink."Tony said, making me look at him.

"Why."I asked, him staring at me before looking behind me. Immediately I took out my knife and turned, swingjng it in front of my chest to see the steak man. I could feel hatred and anger flood my senses, a growl escaping my mouth.
"Why are you here."I demanded, the steak guy raising his hands.

"Aw, don't be like that! I just wanted-" He started, causing me to shove him.

"You are NOT welcomed here. Leave or else."I stated, raising my knife in case he chose the latter. He just frowned at me.

"I see."He said, glancing at the others.
"He said if you help her, you join her fate."He said, a poof of smoke covering him. I quickly throw the knife at where the smoke was, the smoke disappearing to reveal the knife deep in the wall. I stared at the knife before slowly going over to it, pulling it out of the wall.

"Join her fate? What does that mean?"Sketchbook asked, Tony staring at her in disbelief while Colin's screen was a crashed Blue screen. I watched them calmly before feeling worry, rushing past them and went to Manny's room. I stood there stunned as he aimed a knife at something, smoke settling as he calmed down. He looked at me as tears streamed down his face before rushing and hugged me, immediately hugging him tightly.

"It was the spinach can!"He said, making me nod.

"Next time, please just scream for me."I said, kneeling with him in my arms.

"I-I did!"He said, my eyes wide as I let go of him.

"What?"I questioned, trying to remember if I heard him. I would've never ignored him, never him.

"I screamed for you but the can told me it was useless, that it just wanted to talk."He said as I looked at the knife in his hand, looking him dead in the eye.

"When did you take that knife from the kitchen."I demanded, him gulping.

"After you started carrying yours."He said, making me furrow my brows.

"Manny, I'm gonna sign us up for classes so we can learn to protect ourselves. Are you okay with this?"I asked, him nodding. I smiled, ruffling his hair.
"They'll think twice before messing with us, right?"I asked, him giggling.

"Right."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I grinned widely as I was knocked down by Manny, the boy immediately apologizing to me.

"What do you mean? It's good you can knock my ass down."I said, standing as he smiled. We had been training outside after our Self Defense classes, mostly so we can test them out. We ended up laying on the class next to eachother, staring at the sky.

"...... I had a dream last night."He said, making me look at him.
"...... You and Harry were in it..... I think you might see hi-" I immediately grabbed his hand,shutting him up as my hand shook slightly.

"..... Don't........ Did you see if either of us will die?"I asked, slowly taking my hand back.

"Not really, everything was black for a long.... Time."He paused, looking at me. We both stayed quiet before Manny hugged me, shaking silently as I hugged him back. I pulled him into my lap as he cried. Hard. I couldn't blame him. I was crying too.

"We're going to be alright. I'll always be here and I'll be damned if I let anything happen to you."I said, him nodding.

"Val, I love you. I'm glad you came and moved in."he said, making me smile as I let go of him.

"I love you too, Kid. If I had a child, I'd hope they were like you."I said, him smiling as he nodded.

"You've been more of a parent than my dad has ever. Thanks for being here."He said, making me smile.

"You know saying that officially makes you my kid now, right?"I say as he sits next to me again, leaning against me.

"Good, I'm happy to officially call you my parent."she said making me chuckle.

"Legally you technically are, especially since..... They aren't here."I said, him nodding.

"I'm glad I had three real parents in the end."He said, makings smile as I wrapped my arm around him and laid back down.

"You ain't ending anytime soon, buddy, I promise."

(Didn't know how to end this but yeah)

(3-1-22)