Mein phir bhi tumko chahunga - 1

Start from the beginning

"Hell you were out. You better tell me" Akhil asked his brother gritting his teeth. Akhil did not fail to notice the guilt and the disappointment in his eyes. "Did you ?" Akhil asked doubtfully.

His face fell at the question. Before Avinash could explain himself, he felt a sharp sting on his cheek. It wasn't the assault that weakened him at the moment, but the sudden lack of trust he saw in his brother's eyes. Probably, his decision to even go there was wrong but only if he was trusted he thought ruefully.

"I don't know what else you have done. But Aadhya isn't talking with anybody. It's like she has gone in to a shell" Akhil said angrily and walked in to the house leaving Avinash behind.

The slap suddenly did not matter to him. He was definitely upset with his brother but wondered what went wrong with her. She definitely did not sound herself or even behave herself, earlier when they had met. But deep down he knew and his instincts about her were right. For a moment, he wondered if he should have been persistent about making her talk to him. The damage was done and he was going to fix it. Not because what Akhil thought but her emotional well being mattered to him. With this thought in his mind, he waited no second and entered in to the house.

He hadn't spared a glance at Akhil from the time he entered the house. The least, he expected from
his people was trust and his brother denied him that. He even noticed, how his brother looked at him from time to time. His mother's body language changed. She behaved like she knew something was off with them. Nothing missed her eyes. Just because his mother thinks something is wrong, he wasn't going to be amicable with his brother. He cared less at this point of time.

"I am going to meet Aadhya" Avinash announced and he noticed the way Rohit and Gautam behaved. Rohit stood up at once tensed and well, Gautam was in a dilemma plus worry has enveloped his face immediately.

He climbed two stairs at once and was followed by Rohit. At the last step, Rohit almost caught up with him and trapped him to one corner.

"I don't think she will talk today" Rohit said looking at her room.

"Let her decide that Rohit" Avinash said squarely.

"Man trust me" Rohit remarked.

"Well I would but not today. So move out of my way" he said and knocked at her door.

"Aadhya" he called out to her patiently.

Rohit looked at him with a "I told you so look" but soon his jaws dropped when the door opened. Avinash passed him a sly smile and entered the room leaving a flustered Rohit behind.

She looked pathetic. In fact, worse than how she had looked earlier. Her eyes swollen and her hair disheveled.

"This room looks like it was run down by bulldozer or better like something was stolen by a  thief" Avinash remarked to test her mood.

She glared at him but spoke none. Well that was not too bad he thought. But both of them knew it was going to be a long night. He took a deep breath and stood in front of her. She raised her hands to push him away but he quickly grabbed her wrists and positioned it on his chest and looked at her.

"What happened" he asked.

He wasn't going to coddle her or give her any more time to brood. She had sulked enough and Avinash was infamous for dealing things the clichéd way. If a person mattered to him, he rather have them spelled out what worried them and then he would do anything to relieve them of their worry but simply mollycoddling them only made it worse.

"Well you have taken enough time to not talk with anybody and by the looks of it, you have brooded enough about whatever that is worrying you. So let's talk" he said and made her sit on the bed. He did not ask her permission this time. Manners took a back step. He sat down next to her and pulled her close to him. She jumped at the sudden closeness nevertheless, she calmed soon after she felt his hand soothing her back.

"It's nothing" she said and stared at the wall. She hadn't looked at him this time. In fact she made no contact with his eyes from the time he stepped foot in to the room.

"Do you want to go elsewhere and talk about it. Maybe a bit of fresh air and change of scene would help ?" He said to make her comfortable.

"Take me to the hospital. I want to be in the confines of my cabin" she said knowing that's once place where she could do better and she knew that Avinash wasn't going to leave her. Plus it was only right, he knew before anything.

"Then come" he said and dragged her out of the room.

She kept asking him for a few minutes to clean herself up but the stubborn guy gave her no chance. She had to simply follow him down the stairs and become the centre of attraction of everyone. Her mother leaped at once towards her but was held back by her father and she was grateful to him. His parents shared a knowing look with him and well Rohit being Rohit followed them but her father had managed to keep him behind much to her relief.

The journey was rather silent. In fact he raced through the roads as it was already well in to the night and the traffic was easing up. He hadn't questioned her or even looked at her way. His eyes were glued to the road and his hands firmly on the steering. They were soon in the confines of her cabin and he wasn't going to wait any further. He had even given her more time to brood and now it was time for answers.

"Tell me Aadhya" he asked impatiently.

"I want you to listen to me carefully, I had no intentions of telling you but now the situations are forcing me to" she said mustering the courage she needed to.

"I am all ears" he said and looked at her.

To be continued ~

The chapter was getting really long and so I have broken them in to 2 parts. I will update the next one in a day or two, till then give all your love to this chapter by liking and commenting. They do mean a lot to me. Thank you.