1. Across the Universe

───────────────────────

 JUNO LOOKED AT her phone for what felt like the thousandth time again. She expected Steven to either text her or call her, but no, she received nothing. Steven Grant might've been the worst communicator in human history. He could be dead for all Juno knew!

Steven and Juno's friendship was unique. It always felt like they were on the edge of being more than just friends, but neither Steven nor Juno had the courage to say anything. They didn't want to ruin what they had. So, both chose to suffer in silence while wanting more.

The bus came to a sudden halt, and Juno huffed, looking around uncomfortably at the people that she was unfortunately surrounded by. You would think that since she was a Master of the Mystic Arts, she could just teleport to and from the sanctum, but that was a lot of work. Not to mention, she did that once, but he grew suspicious because he knew firsthand how lazy Juno was and knew she would never walk anywhere she went, unless it was too expensive to take a cab or the bus.

"Juno!" The familiar voice of Steven called out. "I'm so sorry, I didn't text you, I was going to but then I just- I um... Yeah, now that I think about it, I don't have a good excuse. I just forgot."

Juno smiled, the dimple on her left cheek now prominent. "Steven, you don't have to apologize, because at this point, it's my fault for thinking that you'd actually let me know if you're going to be late."

The man gasped mockingly, placing a hand on his chest. "You wound me, Juno, you really do." Juno couldn't help but laugh. "So, is today finally the day you'll tell me where you work?"

"Is today finally the day you'll let me see your apartment?" Juno asked.

"Well played, Juno Barlowe, well played," Steven tsked. "But alas, no, it is not."

"Hm, then I guess I won't be telling you where I work anytime soon."

"Will you at least give me a hint?"

"Steven..."

"Oh, please, my dearest Juno, owner of my heart," Steven pretended to plead, even making the effort to clasp his hands together. "Please give me a hint as to where you work."

Juno glared at him, but sighed, not willing to stand the look in his eyes when he stared at her. "Fine. At my job, I wear a cloak."

Steven gasped. "I got it! You are a magician. Can you teach me how to cut someone in half? I never understood how you guys are able to do that. Is that how you have such a good memory? Also, do you know Harry Potter? I really wanna meet him and steal his wand."

"Steven, I've told you millions of times: Just because I am able to quote The Parent Trap in its entirety, doesn't mean that I am a magician."

"I still don't understand how you do it, Juno! I am in awe of you."