Chapter Eighteen.

get ready to cry

playlist song: love is gone (acoustic), SLANDERS and dylan matthew

Fall 2015

The Next Day

I walk down the crowded streets with my hat pulled down over my eyes to try not to be noticed. Multiple arms try to pull at me but I try to stay calm. I look up and see the stadium in the distance. I try to pick up my pace but then someone grabs my shirt. I hear it rip and then cold air hits my skin. I look down and see my tattooed stomach covered in red scratches. I wince and run my hand over them making each and every one sting. I hissed. Then I am pushed onto the ground and multiple people crowd around me. I feel my arms give out and I lay on the cold sidewalk shivering and shaking.

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing beside me. I gasp and reach around me to try and find Louis, my only sense of comfort in the large bed. I feel nothing and then sit up to see I'm alone in the large room. My phone rings again and I grab it quickly from the bedside table. It's Simon. I sigh and press it to my ear.
"What do you want?" I ask irritated and scared.
"Briana's pregnant," he says calmly.
"Who the hell is Briana?" I ask getting out of bed slowly and walk over to the bathroom.
"He didn't tell you?" he says.
"Who didn't tell me what?" I ask louder, getting more and more angry.

"Briana Jungwirth? Louis didn't say anything?" he asks. I feel my breath hitch.
"Why would Louis tell me anything about this women?" I ask cautiously.
"I really don't want to have to explain this to you Harry," Simon says annoyed.
"We'll it's gonna hurt the same either way," I say feeling tears fill my eyes.
"Louis got Brianna pregnant," I stop breathing. I take my phone off my ear and watch as the seconds go by. I feel tears fall down my face. I grab my phone tightly and then throw it across the room. I hear it smash against the tile wall and then thousands of tiny pieces cover the floor. I sink onto my knees and let out a sob.

"No," I say to myself in between sobs. "No no no no no no no" I say, getting louder. I sob louder and louder with my back pressed against the sink. I slam my fist down into the floor and I feel a sting. I pick up my hand and see a small cut with a piece of glass from my phone in it. I pull it out easily and wince slightly. A line of blood runs down my arm. I sniffle and then I hear a click of the door.
"I'm home Haz," I hear Louis call. I watch as he walks right past the bathroom and into the bedroom. I sob again as I hear him call my name through the small room. I hear his footsteps get closer and closer until I look up and see him looking at me from the doorway.

"Oh babe," he says softly and then walks into the room. He wraps his arms around me tightly but I push him away. I stand up and see him looking at me with hurt in his eyes.
"Don't you dare touch me," I say angrily.
"Harry," he says, getting up and walking over to me. "What's the matter?" he asks, looking at me softly. I feel tears run down my face.
"I can't believe you," I say looking him straight in the eye.
"What did I do?" he asks.
"What did you do Louis?!" I say getting angry. "You slept with another person and got her pregnant! I had to find out from Simon! Simon!" I say, pointing my finger in his face.
"What the hell are you talking about?" he asks confused.
"Well there goes three years if marriage down the drain," I say under my breath walking away from him and into the small bedroom.

"Harry stop," he says following after me. "I would never do anything like that to you and you know it!" he says angrily. I sit down on the bed and glare at the wall as tears stream down my face.
"You could have at least told me," I say quietly.
"I have nothing to tell!" he says loudly.
"Oh really?" I say looking him in the eye. "And why should I believe you?" I ask.
"Do you even trust me?" he asks quietly, looking at me with tears in his eyes.
"Not much anymore," I whisper. I hear him whimper and multiple tears run down his face.
"I need you to," he says sitting down next to me. "When have you ever believed a word that Simon ever said?" he asks. I look away from him.
"I love you," he says. I stand up and walk over to the door.
"I love you too," I say. "But if you don't figure this out you're going to have a kid and not me."