Chapter Three

Playlist Song: Sunflower Vol.6, Harry Styles

Winter 2009

    I wake up to the bed cold and empty beside me. I sit upright immediately to check and see if Louis is to be seen anywhere in the room around me. I get out of the soft bed and walk down the narrow hallway to the small kitchen and living room. There is a small note taped to the door that in the same writing that was written on the back of my hand for so long reads

I went to get coffee. I'll be back soon. Feel free to treat yourself to any of the food in the kitchen.

Love - Louis

I smile. I pull the note off the door and tuck it away safely in my bag. I walk over to the very messy kitchen and look through the cabinets for the glasses and when I finally find one I pour myself a glass of water. I move around the small island and take a seat at one of the bar stools. Looking around the small apartment I notice multiple pictures of Louis and four little girls. I go over to one that sits on the side table of the couch. Each of the girls has the same blue eyes and tan skin making me assume that they are each Louis' sisters.

    A second later a click of the door signalizes Louis has come back. I look up and see him carrying two cups of coffee and a box filled with sweets and pastries.
"I'm back,'' he says, setting the things on the small dining table next to the door. I walk over to him and he passes me one o the warm paper cups of coffee. I take a sip and wince at the overly bitter straight black coffee.
"I'm more of a tea guy," I say as Louis looks at me intently.
"Me too," he says. He turns around and reaches for something in a cabinet behind him. He places a bag of sugar on the counter and then takes out a carton of cream from the fridge.
"This will make it much better," he says. He takes the lids off each of the paper cups and pours a generous amount of sugar and creamer into each of them.

    When he hands the cup back to me our hand's brush and our eyes meet. My heart stops. Butterflies erupt in my stomach delicate wings covering my insides. But the second the moment happens it stops. We go and sit next to each other on the couch and talk for what seems like hours. About random things like our favorite ice cream flavors and football. Then at around 1:00 Gemma texts me and says that she's waiting in the parking lot. I didn't want to leave Louis. I knew I would miss him too much but I got dressed and gathered my things before me and Louis walked over to Gemma's small car for me to go back to Holmes Chapel in. We hug each other goodbye under the watching eyes of my older sister and say goodbye solemnly.
"I'm gonna miss you, Harry," Louis says quietly with his head resting on my shoulder.
"I'm gonna miss you too," I say. "I'll text you when I get home okay?" I say pulling away, but I'm quickly pulled back into the small boy's grasp.
"I had a really nice time with you and I want you to come back soon," He says.
"I will," I say, actually pulling away this time.

    I get into the car and watch as Louis waves goodbye and gets smaller and smaller as we drive away. I'm sad to see him go. Even though I've only known him for such a short time, I feel like something is special about him. I've known it from the first time I saw him. Louis Tomlinson was more than just a nobody; he is sunshine. Right after a rain shower. Maybe I could be the rainbow.
"You really like him," Gemma says, looking at me from the corner of her eye from the seat next to me. I smile.
"Louis and Harry sitting in a tree.." she sings. She pronounces his name like Lewis.
"It's Louis, not Lewis," I explained quietly.
"Oooh," she says sarcastically. I smile again and I feel my cheeks blush.

    I grab my iPod from my bag and put my earplugs in. I put on my favorite Stevie Nicks playlist and let the music fill my head. I watch as the world goes by through the snow-dusted window and let my mind wander. One second I'm sitting with Louis and the next minute I'm thinking about my exam on the 17th of January to see if I can graduate early and start business classes at Cheshire College.