02 | 𝐓𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐓𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

Bliss; (noun)
perfect happiness; great joy.

-March, 2020-
Beomgyu pov

It's been 5 months since we decided to leave the past behind us.

Huening, although upset at their constant arguing, still loved his parents and wanted to tell them that he was leaving, and wished them a goodbye.

The others and I didn't have great relationships with our parents, so we didn't bother.

Yeonjun hyung and I both found jobs with a combined salary enough for a small apartment with 2 rooms and 1 bathroom.

Though it gets cramped sometimes, we manage to make it work.

Regardless of us living like this, I can't help but feel a sense of happiness and comfort towards our newfound freedom.

We can finally live our lives, free of worry.

"Beomgyu?" I hear suddenly.

I come back to reality as my boss calls my name.

"Yes sir?"

"Could you close down the shop for me?" he asks quickly.

I work in a bakery called Magic Treats.

"Of course sir, but isn't it a bit too early?" I reply confusedly.

"Yes, well something important came up." he says hesitantly

It was only then I realized how much of a rush he was in.

"Oh, I hope everything's okay sir, you can count on me." I say, bowing.

"Thank you, young man." he says walking towards the front door, looking back and bowing slightly.

"Of course."

I flip the sign on the front door to closed before heading to the back to change my clothes, the shop already being clean.

I sigh, heading out the front door and locking it, feeling kinda bad for the regulars who usually come in later.

•••

When I get home, the place is completely empty since I got out of work early and the others usually come later in the afternoon.

I go straight to my room which I share with Taehyun and Hueningkai, put my things up, and head for the bathroom.

When I enter, I start blasting my shower playlist, then begin taking off each article of clothing.
I step into the shower, letting the steaming water cascade down the small curves of my figure.

A nice warm shower
the perfect place for thinking

My birthday's tomorrow..
I wonder what the others might do for me

I crack a small smile at the thought.

I go about my normal shower routine, including scrubbing and washing my hair.

At the end of my showers, I like to just stand there sing like there's no tomorrow until the water starts to get cold

or until one of the others need to do something in the bathroom as well.

I start singing along to the song currently playing

Filter by Park Jimin of BTS

I can be your Genie, how 'bout Aladdin?
뭐든 줄게, 골라 쓰면 , yeah

one of my favorites

I notice the water getting colder, so I turn it off and step out.

I change into a pair of shorts and a white shirt with a fluffy hoodie over it, that goes down to my mid-thigh.

Since no one else is home yet, I choose to sit in the living room and watch dramas out of boredom.

I decide to watch a drama I found on Netflix called Mad for Each Other

I sit down with the snacks I got from the kitchen and begin the long marathon awaiting.

•••

Bruh, this woman is honestly getting on my nerves
like, not everybody has something out for you..

I stop in the middle of my thoughts and turn my head to the front door upon hearing someone trying to unlock it.

When the door finally opens, I see Taehyun and Hueningkai enter.

"Oh hey Beomgyu hyung." it's Taehyun

"Sup maknaes" I say before turning and pausing the drama I was watching.

"You're here earlier than usual." Huening says confusedly.

"Oh yeah, my boss had said that something had come up, so he let me off early." I reply, munching on the bag of chips I had.

"Oh. Well me and Huening are going to a friend's house later." Taehyun says, walking to the room after Huening.

"Have fun." I reply nonchalantly, unpausing the drama and taking a sip of the soda I had.

•••

I must've fallen asleep while watching the drama because next thing I knew, I was waking up and seeing the credits rolling.

Dang it, I fell asleep and I don't even know what episode I was on.

I stretch before slowly sitting up and rubbing my eyes while yawning.

I lean back on the couch, grabbing my phone from the side table.

I see a text from Yeonjun hyung saying that he and Soobin hyung went on a date and probably won't be back until the next morning.

I look at the clock and see that it's 1 am

My birthday is today

I start smiling a little

okay, maybe 'a little' is an understatement.

I get up from the couch excitedly and quickly skip to my room to go to sleep again, to be well rested for the long day I hope I have tomorrow.

—————————————
I hope you enjoyed the slightly boring chapter~

I just realized that both chapters end with Beomgyu going to sleep

anyways, should I have fluff or angst for the next chapter cuz honestly, I could do both