𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽 -police chase-

Start from the beginning

"I- '' She lost her words immediately and looked back at the necklace. "Thank you so much!" she then exclaimed happily, when the right words weren't trapped in her throat anymore, but then her eyes met Alexander's and showed a mix of fear and confusion. He couldn't possibly want her to keep it, right?

"Is this really for me? Should I really take it?" then waved her hands in the air, as if to say he should forget what she just said. "First of all, hi!" She gave him an awkward smile. Oh my little dear, she had never been given anything spontaneously, or at all to tell the truth. She was such a humble little thing as well, so obviously her brain was a bit stricken by panic right there.

"Yeah, that's for you! Should we go now?" He asked, basically jumping down the steps first, still smiling.

Heidi nodded and carefully followed, holding onto her necklace tightly.

Helga watched them both in awe, I agreed with what her expression was telling me, those two kids were adorable—but let's not forget that sometimes she wanted to slap them across the face because of how annoying they could be, much like myself.

Helga and I had a lot in common.

"Do you need help putting the necklace on, dear?" Helga asked just before it was too late, Heidi quickly nodded, turning red as a ripe tomato.

Helga quickly put it around her neck and told her—or rather gave her orders—to go have fun while staying careful.

Little did she know they were going to have the most fun they had had in months, in a way.

"Do you like the necklace, mädchen?" Alexander asked as they wandered down the street.

Heidi nodded no less than twenty times.

"I really do, it's a shame I can't really see it" She giggled, focusing on the pendant trying to stop her eyes from blurring, she obviously failed, and like all the previous attempts, it did nothing more than leave a ridiculous expression on her face.

"What are you doing, mädchen?" Alexander laughed, tackling her. "You look ridiculous with that frown!"

Heidi turned to him, eyebrows now raised.

"At least I can tie my own shoelace, einzeller!" She retorted, trying to defend herself. Alexander gasped, before tackling her again, almost making her fall over.

"I'm still learning okay?!" He exclaimed angrily.

Oh Alexander, if only he knew he would learn to do it way later than he hoped.

I'm not going to tell you when, you will have to wait and see.

"Sure, einzeller" Heidi laughed, before looking back down at her little present.

"Are you truly sure you want me to keep this?" She looked into his brown eyes with a very serious and persistent expression. jewellery wasn't something either of them could afford, even less so as gifts.

Yet, to her surprise–and not mine—Alexander nodded.

"Of course!" He cried out happily. "I found it on the ground, someone must have dropped it."

Heidi's dimples became clearer than before, she practically radiated happiness. She pulled the little pendant away from her neck and held it in her hand for a moment. She hadn't noticed it had a slight colour until now. There was a very clear white sort of translucent shade right in the middle of the pendant. It was pretty.

The sun began making its effect, the air got warmer by the minute, the fresh summer breeze made Heidi's now dark ginger hair blow into her face. They eventually walked over the train tracks, carefully, making sure to never step on the metal, as usual.