⧖ seventeen ⧗

September, 2013

❝ September, 2013 ❞

The youngest, and now fully grown, immortal in the house sits at the grand white piano, perfectly playing a beautiful piece her dad taught her when she was smaller. She could play for hours, finding a calming peace in the simple instrument that's nearly impossible to come across in her chaotic home of fifteen vampires and the occasional pack of werewolves.

A distressed battle cry reverberates throughout the house from the next room, so loud normal people five miles away could most likely hear it, and causes Renesmee's music to come to an abrupt end.

"I HATE YOU!" Phoebe shrieks, throwing a pair of dice at Edward, which he catches and throws right back.

"OH?" He yells, equally as loud. "WELL NEXT TIME, DON'T STEAL MY MONOPOLY!"

"Phoebe, give Edward $200," Carlisle reasons, struggling to do his job of keeping the peace. "You landed on his property."

"NO! HE'S IN JAIL, I'M NOT GIVING MONEY TO A CRIMINAL!"

"THAT'S NOT HOW YOU PLAY!"

"Why is Dad screaming?" Renesmee questions, coming into the living room to sit next to Bella, who is ready to fight Emmett over owning Boardwalk.

"Because he thinks criminals have rights and wants money for-"

"SAYS THE WAR CRIMINAL!" Edward cuts Jasper off, the game truly bringing out his breaking points.

"I THOUGHT THE VIGILANTE MURDERER WAS TRYING TO SAY SOMETHING!"

"YOU LITERALLY COMMITTED-"

"Boys!" Carlisle raises his voice just slightly enough to be effective and Edward and Jasper slowly sink back down to the floor, grumbling obscenities about the other as Jasper continues to mess with Edward's emotions to make the mess more fun. "You can kill each other over this game all you want, but you're not going to bully your brothers about their pasts."

"Sorry, Dad," both boys mumble in unison.

The silent only lasts for a moment and Edward is screaming again as Phoebe once again refuses to pay him.

"I WISH I WAS NEVER BORN!"

"ME TOO!"

"YOU THINK I WANTED THIS?"

"YOU HAVE NO ONE BUT YOURSELF TO BLAME FOR GETTING THROWN IN JAIL!"

"YOU MESSED WITH THE DICE!"

"FUCK YOU AND YOUR ACCUSATIONS! YOU JUST GOT YOUR BELLA PRIVILEGES REVOKED!"

Edward gasps, clutching his chest dramatically. "You take that back."

"No."

⧖⧗⧖⧗

"Has anyone seen Esteban Julió Ricardo Montoya de la Rosa Ramírez?" Phoebe asks, looking around the living room as she carries the last of her luggage down the stairs.

Before anyone can answer, there's a loud groan in the kitchen followed by the unmistakle crack of granite as Edward drops his head rather harshly against the countertops.

"Found him," Jasper jokes.

Edward comes into the living room, fixing Phoebe with a murderous glare as he stands next to Bella and her packed bags. "Would it kill you to say my actual name?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about, Entertainment Weekly."

"I hate you."

"Whoa!" Emmett shouts, unable to resist his chance to join the conversation. "That's a dollar in the bullying jar, Epilepsy."

"Carlisle!" Edward stops his foot like a child. "Make them stop."

"It's harmless fun, Estrogen."

"Esme!"

"Yes, Eldritch?"

Edward looks to Bella, expecting his wife to at least be on his side.

Instead, she says, "I'll be back from Europe in a week. I love you!"

Before another word can be spoken, Phoebe, Bella, and all of their luggage are out the door and in the car.

While the husband of one woman and the boyfriend of another are hardly shocked Phoebe stuck with her threat to take away Edward's Bella privileges, one vampire is absolutely scandalized by the betrayal.

A door slams upstairs, causing every head to turn except Kate's, who simply flicks past another page in her magazine.

"He's fought in every American war but is still the world's biggest baby anytime someone mentions the Brits."

"I heard that!" Garrett shrieks.

"You were supposed to!"