15- Work

Devin's POV

I drove to my first day at work at the bakery even though Marco offered I'd just thought it would be memorial since it's my first job ever, and I haven't used my car in a while.

I dressed simple in white-washed jeans and a tan shirt with my hair in a fan bun; our uniforms were only aprons over our regular clothes.

My phone pings and I see a text from Marco
Sunshine 🐛- Have a good day and call me if you need anything.

When I get there Taylor hands me an apron along with a name tag to clip on, she shows me the basics how to take orders, working the oven and microwave, and working the register.

After 15 minutes the door chimes as a women with blond hair and green eyes enters the bakery.

"Welcome to Honey's Bakery, what can I get you?" I greet the customer.

"Can I get a coffee with soy milk along with a chocolate chip muffin."

I type in the order to get the cost "That'll be $6.25, can I get you anything else?"

"No that'll be all."

She hands me the money and I put it in the register before making her coffee and warming up her muffin. I give her the muffin and coffee and she saids her thank before leaving.

That's how the past hour and thirty minutes went, a customer ordering and paying saying thanks then leaving and I had thirty minutes left on the clock.

The doorbell chimes for the 13 time today a guy dark jeans and black hoodie walks in, his hair is tousled with bags under his eyes. He looks like he's have a bad day.

"What's your name?" I asked

He looks confused and hesitant "Uh Matteo."

"Well Matty you're our 100th customer so you can get two things for free." I smile.

"You're telling me 99 people walked in this bakery today?" He raises his eyebrows pointing around the bakery.

"Honestly you look like you're having a bad day." I shrug my shoulders.

"What's you're name?" He stuffs his hands in the front pocket of his hoodie.

I point to my name tag clipped on the apron. He leans a bit forward reading the name.

"Well Dev, I appreciate the gesture but there's no need, I'll just take a black coffee." He shakes his head.

"Okay fine but can I ask one question?" He nods "What's your favorite cookie?"

"Sugar cookies." He answers.

Okay, one coffee coming up." I turn to make his coffee and warm up 2 sugar cookies.

I had him the bag of cookies and his cup of coffee "That'll be $2.75."

"I didn't order any cookies."

"The person behind you did." I said.

He looks back "There's no one behind me."

"Put on your big boy pants and take the damn cookies." I tell him.

"Fine, but I'll pay you back." He states

"You can pay me back by smiling and have a great rest of your day."

He chuckles "I'll be back to repay you." That's all he saids before walking out the door and I put the money for the cookies in register

I wouldn't consider me a nice person, but I do have my moments. I just feel that certain people take advantage of kindness so saying 'thank you', 'please', opening the door for someone, picking up something that had fell, or giving a compliment is probably the nicest I'm going to get depending on the person.