• f o r t y •

Start from the beginning

"I do, from the first day I saw him I just knew there was something about him. He's been everything to me ever since, but we both had so much going on when we met. I just don't want this to simply be a trauma bond."

Wedding days always brought out so many emotions and doubts. Yara could sympathize with Payton easily. However, she knew her and the woman's experiences were night and day.

"Payton, you have to make this decision for yourself, but I'll just say that I see you two interact and it reminds me of my parents, our aunt and uncle. There's something pure about it and I'm sure you feel that. Today is your day and you can either marry the man you love or pause if you need to. I walked away from a wedding before, but that man didn't love me even a third as much as you two love each other."

Payton thought on Yara's words for a moment before she rested her head on Yara's shoulders.

"I'm getting married today. Thank you Yara, I always wanted a sister and because of Amari I've got two now."

--

The string quartet played the instrumental of Daniel Cesar's Get You as the bridesmaids walked in. First came Payton's cousin Emily with Lucas, then Aya and Devin, Payton's best friend Mia followed with Amari's frat brother Jared. They all looked stunning in their blush satin gowns, even Aya who was heavily pregnant managed to still glow, her baby bump sizeable but not as huge as it had been her last pregnancy. Yara and Quincy who were the maid of honor and best man, followed with bright smiles on their faces. Aunt Denise nodded approvingly at the pair, snapping a quick photo while Elizabeth and Jahi waved from the seats behind her.

As soon as they'd made it to the front, the music switched to Best Part by Daniel Caesar and HER.  Payton surfaced from the decorated entrance on her uncle's arm with a surety about her. She was a stunning bride, and Yara was sure that everyone agreed based on the looks on each of their faces. One glance at her brother had her even more shocked, Amari had tears running down his face.  Her heart immediately felt like it would burst.

This was right, they were meant for each other.

The wedding was a beautiful affair, watching Amari and Payton promise themselves to each other further softened Yara's heart. She couldn't wait to do the same with Quincy.

As soon as the vows were exchanged and the couple announced as Amari & Payton Underwood, Yara cheered along with everyone else as the couple walked toward her home where they would take more pictures and get dressed for the reception that was set up at Rainbow Gardens.

The bridesmaids and groomsmen along with she and Quincy however were whisked off in private cars to the reception venue. They snapped a few photos in the gardens before Amari and Payton joined in for group shots. Then, they all danced into the beautiful reception hall and the festivities really began. The lovebirds couldn't keep their hands off each other.

"They're so cute" Yara commented to Q who nodded in agreement as he wrapped his arm around her waist.

"Yeah, I'm proud of them. I didn't think that when I introduced them it would come to this but I'm glad it did. In a way, they brought us back together too.'

"Yeah, they did." Yara kissed Q's cheek sweetly as they looked on at the new married couple have their first dance to Mariah Carey's My All.

"Plum, do you mind if I speak to Quincy for a moment?" Denise surfaced behind them with Jahi on her hip. Yara looked from her mother to her man before she nodded, taking Jahi from Denise.

Curiosity was gnawing at her as she walked to Ivy and Isla's table. Both women beamed as soon as they saw the chubby face of their nephew.

"Hey Jah Jah, come to Titi Isla" she cooed, earning a smile as Jahi motioned toward her. Yara allowed it as she sat down.