Chapter 10: A creepy stalker

Falak's POV

.

I looked at everyone's faces when the presentation was over. I was confident that I had done well and was expecting to hear some good responses but the moment that devil opened his mouth. His words broke my heart.

"There are many errors in the report. So, this needs more work. So, fix it and present this to me tomorrow. Once I will confirm it, then we will share the final report with everyone.", Jacob said in a harsh tone when I realized that I was waiting for their opinion, especially his; after all, he was my reporting manager. Immediately the smile which had been on my lips till seconds before left, and I nodded my head in an understanding way.

He could have said the same in a polite way.

Hearing his words, I felt my heart sinking because, with his statement, he ruined all my hard work. I didn't look up at him after that and quietly left from there by saying a small thank you.

Noticing me coming out with a sad face, Ashley rushed toward me.

"Are you alright? What happened?"

"I'm fine."

"You're not.", Ashley countered back. "Now, tell me what happened inside?", She asked again, making me sit down on the chair. I knew she wouldn't let me live peacefully until and unless I would tell her each and everything, so I narrated everything that happened without missing any detail.

"Someone said it right that all glittering is not gold.", She muttered angrily. "Just because he has a handsome face, that doesn't mean he is allowed to hurt you.", She added angrily.

I gave her a small smile, but immediately the squeaky sound of the door opening caught my attention, and my eyes immediately went up to the person who was coming out of the cabin.

Klaus.

His eyes immediately caught mine as he walked out of the cabin, but he turned his eyes away as quickly as he could and walked out from there with a few more people behind him, whom I hardly saw, toward the elevator.

"Did you see that monkey? He was grinning like a fool when our eyes met.", Ashley complained, but just like the previous time, I again missed seeing HER monkey.

***

I made up my find and focused all my attention on reports to check where the errors were?

But for some reason, I couldn't!

I hate doing the same work for the second time. And I was feeling so updated and tensed that I had lost my appetite as well. Immediately a parcel was placed on my desk; I lifted my head and found Ashely standing near me.

"I had told you that I'm not feeling hungry, then why did you waste your money on buying lunch for me?" I scolded her for wasting her money unnecessarily.

"Sweetheart, I didn't want you to skip your lunch, and that's true. But I didn't bring this for you.", She said, showing me her hand. "The office boy was coming toward your table with this parcel. When I asked him about it, then I came to know that this was for you. So, I took this parcel from him. In short, all I did was take this parcel from him to deliver it to you.", She responded.

Immediately my heart started pounding loudly.

Loud enough that I could hear its heartbeat.

This was his effect.

"I think this is from your creepy stalker.", Ashley said, on which she earned a glare from me. How could she name something like that to him?

This was his insult.

"Oops! Sorry. Someone got angry just because I said something wrong about her mysterious lover.", She teased. "Are you sure this is one-sided?", She added.

"Ashely Steel," I called her full name to warn her to stop teasing me.

Once she stopped, I opened the parcel to see what HE had brought for me today. It was a complete meal along with my favorite sweet for me instead of junk food this time. And along with that, there was a note with it.

'In a bad mood, eat something sweet.

With love,

-Your Mysterious Lover' with a smiling face at the end.

I bit my inner cheeks to stop myself from blushing.

"Soooooo?" Ashley asked, raising her eyebrow even though she had already read the note.

"So what? Even you can read the note.", I responded, acting innocent.

"I'm not talking about what is written in the note. I'm talking about what's hidden in this note.", She said, pointing out the other thing. "How does he know that your mood is not good? Only our bosses and I saw you sulking after the presentation. So, whoever he is, he is here."

"Keeping tap of your each and every moment. Whether you are smiling, whether you are laughing, or whether you are crying. Doesn't that mere thought scare you?", She asked in concern.

"To be frank, Ash! You might think that I'm crazy for admiring someone who keeps his eyes on my every move, and anyone at my place would have reported it to the police or would have been scared to death. But I...I'm kind of like it.", I said truthfully.

"See, all I meant to say is that since the lord couldn't be everywhere, so he created mothers. But maybe...maybe in case, he has sent my mysterious lover in my life."

By the time I stopped speaking, Ashley's mouth was wide open, and she was looking at me like I had grown two horns on my head.

"Close your mouth, silly.", I said, hitting her chin softly.

"I...I don't know what to say on it.", She said, trying to process in her mind what I had just said to her. "You compared your creepy stalker with the Lord in human form! I seriously don't know what to say.!", She exclaimed, raising her hand.

"How about you help me in finishing all these things?" I asked, ignoring the fact that she again called my savior a creepy stalker.

.

Third Person's POV

.

I was in shock! I was literally in shock, realizing what Falak thought about me.

You could call me a creepy stalker because all my work was like one. In fact, I had also installed a chip under her table so that I could hear her melodious voice whenever I wanted, and I was thankful that I was hearing what kind of conversation she was having with her friend.

She genuinely sounded concerned for Falak, like a true friend. And I laughed at her comment for Tyler, gosh! She could definitely kick his ass if he didn't stop his flirty nature.

"What made you smile? Because I remember clearly that you were pissed since last night.", My best friend asked.

"The same person." I kept my answer short.

"What are you going to do with her next? How about asking her to prepare the report again when she will be back with the error-free report, huh?

"I will see that."

"I don't understand why you are taking so much pain?" Tyler asked. "Why don't you use your power and make her yours?" he suggested. "I mean not in THAT way," He stammered when he found me glaring at him. "....but by marrying her forcefully, or something? In the end, she will eventually end up loving you, isn't it?"

"I literally want to hit this idiot.", My best friend hissed. "You need power only when you want to do something harmful; otherwise, love is enough to get everything done."

.

#TBC

Vote!

Comment!

& don't forget to follow my profile.