Chapter 9: A Wonderful presentation

Ella's POV

.

Jacob's eyes followed where Ashley was looking and then stopped at me. I gave a nervous smile, but he didn't acknowledge it back and stormed toward the cabin.

Wow! What a great start to the day!

"From when bosses started arriving at the office this early?" Ashley exclaimed.

"I'm so dead.", I muttered in tension.

"Yea! He's such a good-looking greek god that any girl would be ready to die to him.", She joked, on which she earned a glare from me. "Okay, sorry!", She muttered. "By the way, I think he already knew that you're his personal assistant, and he knowingly told those mean things to me so that you can listen to him."

"I think you're right. Even in the elevator, he was talking about the same."

"In the elevator?"

"Yea! We arrived at this floor in the same elevator along with two other bosses, I guess?

"Really? Does it mean you did see his cousin? Klaus Martinez. Isn't he handsome as well?" Ashley again changed the topic, on which I shook my head. "Both Martinez's brothers are sooooo handsome. I wonder what that monkey do with him?"

'Which monkey?'

"Ms. Steel," immediately opened the door of our boss's cabin. "I will appreciate it if you focus more on work rather than gossip."

"Yes! Yes, sir!", The door soon was slammed loudly. He literally seemed pissed.

Why?

I didn't know.

After turning on the PC and arranging my things, I walked toward the devil's office. I knocked at his door and, after hearing 'come in' from his end. I walked inside the devil's den and found him checking some files.

"Good Morning, Sir," I greeted him, on which he lifted his eyes to look at my face.

"Good Morning. You are...?"

Wow! He was really acting like he didn't know me at all.

"I'm Falak Srivastava, your personal assistant."

"Hmm. So, where were you yesterday, Ms. Srivastava? I'm sure you were not sick just like you mentioned to the HR and the watchman."

Shit!

He heard that conversation.

"I...I.."

"I think you were probably playing a game to act like someone else. What was that name...umm, yes, Alima." I shut my eyes in embarrassment, recalling that moment. "Anyways, is this the report prepared by you?", He asked, changing the topic and showing me the file in his hand.

"Yes, sir."

"Perfect. Since I have the least idea about it because I didn't get time to read it, so, you can give a presentation in front of the CEO and other senior managers about this report."

WHAT!! I wanted to scream at his face but I couldn't because I love my job.

"Okay, sir."

"Great. Prepare yourself. The presentation is in the next ten minutes."

"Ten minutes?" I asked in horror.

"I hate repeating myself.", He said arrogantly. "And here, take this. Have a quick revision."

***

"What did he say?" Ashley said when I came out of Jacob's cabin.

"Don't ask me anything right now.", I muttered in tension and sat on my chair to make a few key points so that I could give the presentation without skipping any major points.