t h i r t y - o n e

A S P E N ' S   P O V

A S P E N ' S P O V

"Aspen, I'm tired." Dalton groaned, hugging me as he placed his head in my neck.

"You wanted to do this." I shrugged, putting my hands on his waist.

"But couldn't we wait?" He mumbled, placing a kiss on my neck.

"No, you leave literally in the middle of the night." I spoke, kissing his cheek.

"I've practiced enough. Can we just go cuddle until I have to go?" He pouted, pulling his head out of my neck to look at me.

"No, you need to be ready for your big game tomorrow." I sweetly said, cupping his cheeks and pressing our lips together.

He kissed me softly, trying to hold on for as long as he could. I rubbed his cheek before pulling away, staring at him happily.

We were standing in the middle of the football field, the sun setting slowly. Dalton had his big championship game tomorrow but had to leave sometime tonight.

I decided to take him here so he could train more as I knew he was still nervous about the game tomorrow. This game was when he would be scouted by serious professionals and possibly be drafted.

It was a big deal.

"Come on." I spoke, pulling away from him and grabbing his hand.

I opened the bag full of footballs and pulled one out, tossing it over to him. He caught it and raised a brow at me, tossing it around in his hands.

"So, what position do you play?" I asked, looking around the field before looking back at him.

"Cornerback." He stated, tossing the ball over to me.

"So, what's your job?" I questioned, seeing what he did out on the field.

"I get the ball to the end." He simply said, rolling his eyes and coming closer to me.

"Cool, so get the ball to the end." I shrugged, taking the ball and running off down the field with it.

I could hear his footsteps behind me, chasing me down the field. I didn't even realize how fast he was until I realized how close he was behind me.

Right when I was about to get a touchdown, he tackled me and we fell on the field. He was laying on top of me, breathing heavily as I smiled at him and held the ball between us.

"Good job." I smiled, watching him look up at me. "But you could've tackled me quicker. You need to stop holding your breath when you run."

We began practicing on his tackles for the next hour, trying to make sure he was ready for his game tomorrow. About 30 minutes in, he managed to snatch the ball from me and make it to his end.

We ended up laying on the field, his head finding its way onto my chest. The football was laying somewhere next to us while we looked up at the stars in the sky.