Chapter Eight

*Contains violent language.*

~~~

~~~

I was walking around looking out for sign of vampires. Bella was standing behind Edward, him trying to shield her, Seth was also looking out for vampires.

Edward is mind reading Seth's mind with what's going on.

"Jacob just got there. He's good." He said. A bit of proudness in his voice. "Don't let them protect each other, good, go around...." Edward trailed off.

"Wait what! Has someone got hurt?" Bella asked.

"Seth, Thalia. Go." Edward said. That means Victoria is close.

Me and Seth hide behind the tree line and I could see Edward still talking to Bella. Then behind the cliff appeared three people. Two I recognised. Riley Biers. The guy from forks that went missing. And Victoria. And a man. I did not know who he was but he seemed some what familiar.

Edwards face also flickered with confusion as he saw the third man. But he turned his attention back to Riley.

"Riley. Listen to me. Victoria's just using you, to distract me. But she knows I'll kill you." Edward spoke. I could see Riley hesitate. "In  fact, she'll be glad she doesn't have to deal with you anymore." Edward was trying to get into his mind and it looked like it was working.

"Don't listen, Riley. I told you about their mind tricks." Victoria said looking at him with pity.

"I can read her mind, so I know what she thinks of you. And you." He said turning to the man. "I don't know who you are but why are you after Bella she has done nothing wrong." Victoria ignored what Edward said to the man.

"He's lying." She spoke looking at him.

"And I'm not here for your stupid girlfriend. I admit when Victoria reached out to me I was surprised and  when I found out James was dead then I wanted bloodshed. But Victoria promised me a different girl. I wonder where she is?" He said sniffing the air and looking around. Different girl? What girl?

I mean there was me, Esme, Bella, Rosalie, Alice and Leah. We are the only girls, so who could he mean?

"She only created you and this army to avenge her true mate, James. It's the only thing she cares about. Not you. And you I don't know what girl your after but there is no one else here."

I could still see Riley hesitating. He glanced at Victoria trying to see if there's something there.

"There's only you. You know that." Victoria spoke softly. Riley looks back at Edward, positioning himself to attack. Victoria's eyes tighten as she notices Bella.

"Think about it. You're from Forks, you know this area. That's the only reason she chose you. She doesn't love you." Riley falters ever so slightly and I could see the gears working in his head.