7.

Author's POV

Amaira was sitting in the hospital getting the news confirmed.

She was in office when one of her friends joked about her glowing and asked if she was pregnant and realised that she had indeed missed her period.

She was broken out of her thoughts when the doctor came back with her reports and a broad smile on her face.

"Congratulations Mrs. Gupta! You are 4 weeks pregnant."

The doctor informed her making her smile widely. She traced her stomach softly and murmured.

"My baby."

She thanked the doctor and went home taking her reports.

She was waiting for Kushagra to arrive. She didn't know how he was going to react. All this while they had never had any conversation about having a child.

Kushagra came home at around 9 pm. They had their dinner and after sitting with their family for some time they retired to their rooms.

Amaira locked the door making Kushagra smirk. She sauntered to him and he pulled her in his arms.

She round her arms around his neck and kissed his chest.

"Kya baat? Aaj bada pyaar aa rha hai madam ko?"

(What happened? Today you are showing so much love?)

He teased her and she smiled.

"Kush humne kabhi bhi baby ke baare mai baat nhi kari."

(We never talked about baby.)

"Kaun baby?"

(Who baby?)

"Pch! Hamara baby Kush!"

(Our baby Kush!)

He looked at her weirdly.

"Kya baat krni hai?"

(What do you want to talk?)

She bit her lip and asked him.

"Aapko bache chahiye na?"

(You want kids right?)

"Ofcourse chahiye. Bhut saare bache chahiye. Tumhare saath."

(Ofcourse I do. A lot of. With you.)

He said nuzzling his nose into hers and making her smile. Before she could say something he said making her smile fade.

"Lekin we can wait abhi. We got married like only 5 months ago. Abhi I want to explore my wife more."

(But we can wait right now.)

He said naughtily and hugged her while she blinked her eyes excessively to keep her tears at bay.

Kushagra felt her shaking and some wetness on his shoulder. Pulling back he was shocked to see her crying silently.

"Hey! Kya hua?"

(What happened?)

He held her and made her sit on the bed. She hugged him and hid her face in his chest.

"Kya hua? Maira! Look at me. Batao kya hua?"

(What happened? Tell me what happened?)

She looked at him sniffling and he wanted to pinch her cheeks at how cute she looked.