9-Nelophobia

Got a nice psychological story? Open www.inkfeather.com and find my anthology, Folds of the Mind, and submit your story there!

https://inkfeathers.com/folds-of-the-mind/

Visit my bio for this link.

"Sorry Lady Esmerilda but I gotta interrupt-she hasn't done anything-" Lyric stated but Enif cut her in middle.

"P-!"

"She has Nelophobia!" Lyric continued ignoring him.

"What?"

"The reason why you can't see any trace of glass! Even at the party, she was holding a metal goblet! I noticed it and was sure when I saw even the clock didn't have a glass covering it."

"I missed it. Must have overlooked the tiny details." Enif mumbled guiltily.

"Reason why there weren't any cases in New York except Mrs Anonymous one!"

"Well, I would have been able to solve that one too if I were you!"

"Well, you can do that now, right? This one is about her only!"

"What!!" Lady Esmerilda shrieked, horrified.

"Don't worry, we'll solve it! It was foolish of her to rob in my house, again!" she added with traces of anger in her voice.

"Your house?"

"Looks like you don't read the newspaper! Lawrence Bouvier! He's my father!" she said weakly.

"I am sorry..." Enif whispered keeping hand on her shoulder.

"Doesn't matter! Who's next on the list?"

"Ms. Soliel Calistèe de la Roche! An artist!" he answered as they stepped out of the huge mansion. "Let's just call her to the investigation room!" There was something different in his voice. His tone was a little rude.

"Ok!"

Enif took out his phone and texted someone. "Go on, I'll come!" he said urgently moving on to the other side of road and calling someone. His voice was quite loud but still Lyric could hear nothing except- "I AM TELLING YOU-!" in an angry voice.

"Is something wrong?" Lyric asked gently.

"Nothing you can take care of!"

His voice was still impolite.

"Hey, it's me! You can tell me. I mean we have solved hundreds of cases together and I can't see you being so impertinent! C'mon!" Lyric continued softly.

"It's just that-I want you off this case!"

"Why?"

"It's just that-you saw Mrs. Anonymous that night at your house, right?"

"Yeah-well, I did!"

"I think she's after you! It isn't a coincidence! She has stolen twice at your place-" the driver stirred left as a car approached to their right. "I am scared for you! And so is Cliff!"

"Rubbish! You know-I don't think you should be! And by the way-Cliff has no idea I have seen Mrs Anonymous! Unless-" Lyric eyed him with sudden suspicion.