twenty-one

**long chapter because the sports festival arc literally lasted a million years. also, there will a part 2 of the sports festival, but that part should be rather short, if not standard//excuse my lousy grammar

.

.

.

Eli was seated between Hizashi and Shouta at the Sports Festival, and she was fucking pumped. 

She was so excited and was eagerly awaiting a chance to cheer Hitoshi on whenever he came out. She had no real clue why she was so excited, why she was so fucking amped, but she'd been feeling this way for the last couple of days. 

After asking Hizashi and Shouta, they said yes to her hanging out with Mezo, and Mezo even invited Hitoshi to come along with them. She didn't know what they were doing yet, but she was excited nonetheless. 

Plus the classroom she'd been given was going along well. So far, she'd scraped the old paint off the walls with the help of Nezu who seemed overly happy to be picking out paint samples with her. Not to mention she'd looked around the UA basement and found some pretty cute, though old, couches that needed cleaning but would go great in the classroom. 

Bakugo hadn't stopped yelling at her since the discovery of their forced bond, and luckily, there hadn't been any more incidents regarding his Quirk or hers. Nezu was still looking into what exactly had caused it and told her that he'd gotten in contact with someone who had their Quirk and had scheduled a meeting for them after the Festival. 

But despite the fact that Bakugo had to be the biggest asshole she ever had the misfortune of being related to, she did have 3 distinct people to cheer on. And those people were Hitoshi, Mezo, and Bakugo. 

Hitoshi, well because she lived with him now. Mezo, her first friend outside of Hitoshi. And Bakugo...

yea. 

So, all in all, Eli was feeling a lot, and her mind couldn't help thinking over everything that had been happening lately on a constant loop. Regardless of this, she pushed all that energy towards that excitement she felt and was just happy to see how they'd do at the festival. 

"Stop squeezing your hand like that," Shouta mutters, irritably pulling at one of her fingers so that she wouldn't hurt herself. 

Her hand was mostly alright now, especially since Hizashi had been hyper-vigilant over her injuries ever since she dropped a pair of chopsticks on the floor trying to eat dinner a couple of hours after she'd punched Mirio in the face. 

Speaking of Mirio, he'd been behaving weirdly lately. 

He'd been finding her during lunch and whenever she was on break with Hitoshi. Sneaking up on them (at a safe distance) and surprising them (at a safe distance). He'd met Mezo, which was the day he brought his own lunch, and even Bakugo ended up asking her who was that 'creepy ass doll' who'd been hanging around her. 

It was only confusing because she thought that the only time she'd see him was during some kind of training with Shouta or Hizashi. But for some reason, he hadn't been around those times anymore. 

(why? Shouta Aizawa.)

But right now she couldn't think about that, because Bakugo was about to make a speech, and Eli desperately wanted to hear what he was going to say on that mic because she bet Hitoshi 25 dollars, or however that much was in yen that he was going to say something fucking terrible. 

"I pledge... that I'll be no. 1," Bakugo said into the mic. 

"AHA!" Eli laughed loudly, slapping her hand over her mouth upon the realization that her loud laugh just echoed throughout a stadium of people.