CHAPTER 4

Monami, without a second glance at anyone, ran away from the mess.

The rest sadly watched her go away.

Siddharth turned to rest of the gang, signed towards the exit and ran behind his best friend.

"Monu!" Siddharth yelled. "Monu, sun na bro!" Desperation leaked out of his voice as he followed her out in the corridors.

"Leave me alone, Sid!" Monami yelled back.

This did not deter Siddharth though. He kept on turning the turns after turns, wherever Monami was running off to. It just so happened that it was her own room!

As soon as Monami reached the door, she ran inside and bolted the door from inside.

"Monu!" Siddharth yelled. "Let me in, bro!"

"Maine kaha na! Jaa yaha se. Just, please, go!" Monami yelled back.

"Tu jab tak ye darwaza nahi kholegi, mai kahi na jaa rha. Khol de na bro, please? Acha. Mere liye na sahi, uss din ke liye khol de jab mai tujhse mila and tune meri zindagi ko brighten up kar diya, Monu?"He pleaded, at last.

The sound of the lock turning could be heard, before the door opened fully, Siddharth got pulled inside and, it was shut again. But the girl inside, did not bolt it this time.

"Monu mai-"

Monami hugged Siddharth before he could finish his sentence. Siddharth immediately wrapped his arms around her.

"Monu bro, kuch toh bol," Siddharth requested, after being silent for a long while.

But Monami continued to remain silent.

"Monu-" Siddharth was once again cut off as he felt tears wetting his shirt.

"Tu ro kyun rahi hai, bro?" Siddharth asked, concerned.

"Tujhe kya lagta hai, Sid?" Monami asked, still sobbing.

"Tu uss cheepde and Walnut ki wajah se ro rhi hai?" Siddharth asked.

Monami broke the hug and hit him on his arms. "Pagal hai kya, Sid? Main unke liye nahi ro rahi hun."

"Toh fir kya hua Monu, bataegi?!"

"Main...maine uspe bharosa na karke, unn dono pe bharosa kaise kar liya , Sid? Kaise? How... how could I, Sid..I-"

"Monu! Breathe! Deep breaths, come on, take some breaths. Better now? Hyper mat ho and seedhe-seedhe bata. Kya hua and tu kya soch rhi hai iss baar?" Siddharth interrupted.

Monami turned around.

"Sid, mai...maine Karan ki baat nahi suni. Isne baar-baar mujhe alert kiya and what did I do, bro? I talked rudely with him? Mai aisa kaise kar sakti hun? Kaise?!" Monami punctuated her last line by hitting her hand on the wall.

"Monu!" Siddharth yelled. He took her hand in his and turned her towards him.

"Chhod de, Sid. I deserve this." She hit her other hand.

Siddharth literally dragged her to one of the single beds in the room and made her sit on it.

"Tu pagal ho gai hai!" Siddharth scolded her, offering her a glass of water.

Monami denied.

"Nahi chahiye mujhe, Sid. Mujhe iss wakt kuch nahi chahiye. Infact, I don't deserve it! Jo maine kiya na, Sid, uske baad I don't deserve anything. Mujhe, apne pyaar par bharosa karna chahiye tha, and what did I do? I accused him? How? Vo har baar bolta gaya and mai bhi har baar uske against khadi rahi!"