7.0

Today is the first quidditch game of the season. It's Gryffindor vs Slytherin and of course, I'm supporting Gryffindor. James is a chaser, with Marlene and Sirius as beaters, so it just makes sense. I walk down to the quidditch pitch with Marcus and we meet our friends there. Alice and Dorcas are sporting Gryffindor attire and Remus and Peter are matching them. Remus, obviously not wanting to be here, is reading a book.

My thinking is interrupted as cheers erupt from the crowd. The Gryffindor team is making their entrance onto the pitch. Marlene flies over to us and blows a kiss towards Dorcas, who's blushing a deep shade of red, and James and Sirius wave from the ground. Marlene flies back down as the Slytherins enter and soon enough the game has started.

"And they're off!" Commentator Alex Jordan booms through the speakers. "Gryffindor is in the lead with chaser James Potter holding the quaffle. He passes it to Alexis Johnson, who nearly dodges a bludger thanks to the help of beater Marlene McKinnon! Oh! But just as Johnson passes the quaffle back to Potter it gets stolen by Slytherin chaser Regulus Black! Man is that boy fine- ow! Sorry Minnie!"

"Anyways- OH SHIT! During our brief pause, Regulus Black scored a goal! He can score my goal anytime if you know what I mean- right, sorry I'll stop! The score is currently 10:0 in Slytherin's favor. Potter you better step up your game. Oh damn! Sirius Black just ruthlessly hit a bludger towards his younger brother Regulus! Family drama? Right yeah sorry Minnie- um okay! Looks like James Potter just scored a goal! That's 10:10 in uh- no one's favor? Elliot Bell has the quaffle! It's in Gryffindor's favor!"

"He's quite the commentator, that Jordan, yeah?" Alice laughs in my ear. I turn back to the game just in time to see James get hit by a bludger. He starts plummeting towards the ground, and at the same time the snitch is caught by the Gryffindor seeker! James hits the ground and my heart stops. I run towards him with my friends trailing behind. I finally reach him but- he's knocked out cold.

---

Marlene and I help bring him to Madam Pomfrey and I can feel his heartbeat slowing through my hands. Nothing I say to myself can make me feel better. Remus gives me a reassuring look but I can't make myself believe he will be okay. Madam Pomfrey takes us from him and into a bed. I get one final look before I'm ushered out of the room, one question lingering in my mind.

Will he be okay?