5.0

Marcus and I hung out a few more times before he asked me to be his girlfriend. We would go on dates by the Black Lake and spend every Hogsmeade trip together. Cassidy was really happy for me and always helped me with outfits and such. Marcus loved reading as well and annotated a book for me. I may have sobbed a tiny bit at that. I felt as though I was in heaven. That was until the marauders found out I have a boyfriend, thus bringing us back to the present.

"ASTORIA!" Sirius yells at me from across the courtyard. I turn around to see him and the rest of the marauders walking towards me with very unpleasant looks on their faces.

"Yes, Sirius?" I reply with a bittersweet smile.

"When were you gonna tell us you have a boyfriend??"

"I didn't think it was necessary, we don't talk that much."

"That's bullshit Ria and you know it." The truth is Cassidy and I sat at their table every day. Cass is best friends with Lily and I have no one else to sit with so I follow her.

"I wanna meet him. I need to know if he's good enough for you," Sirius said. He was like an older brother to me, very protective. I don't know why, we don't hang out as much as him and Cass.

"Oh Sirius, come on! It's not really your choice," I reply with a frown. Peter, Remus and James haven't said anything the whole conversation. Peter is looking at Sirius with a mix between amusement and amazement. Remus is reading a book and pretending we don't exist, and James is- Is he mad? James is staring at me with a scowl and I can't figure out why. Sirius says to come to the Gryffindor party that night with Marcus so he can meet him and I nod my head, not really paying attention. I'm staring at James. Why is he so upset?

Sirius and his friends leave and I go to find Marcus. He promptly agrees to go to the party and I slightly frown at that. Does he have to be happy about everything? Sure I think it's adorable, but does he really have to be excited about being interrogated by Sirius Orion Black? I wander about the common room, waiting for Cassidy to get back so I can tell her about the party. No doubt she was invited ages ago, but it's still nice to pretend I'm the popular one. I water the plants in the common room and put out fresh birdseed on the deck. Normally Professor Sprout will do such chores, but she works so much so I think a small break will be nice for her.

Cassidy walks into the common room 30 minutes later and we head up to our dorm. I give her a quick recap of what happened and she looks shocked.

"Okay first of all, who does Sirius think he is to judge your boyfriends when he is a total bitch to girls most of the time? Second of all, why was James staring at you?? Maybe he's jealous of Marcus! I totally see him having a thing for you-" Cassidy rambles before I cut her off.

"Don't be ridiculous, James doesn't have a crush on me!" I respond sitting down on my bed.

"Whatever you say," she winks before going to my closet. "Now, outfit. I'm thinking a slip dress. Or is that too 'revealing for you'?" she laughs.

"Very funny, but I'm perfectly fine to pick an outfit myself." I grab out a black pleated shirt, a black bralette, and a star-printed mesh shirt. Pulling out black tights and Mary Janes, I ask Cassidy, "Is this good enough?"

"Oh hell yeah, who knew you had style?" Cassidy grins brighter than the sun. I change into my outfit and do a bit of makeup. Before we go I put a black open hoodie, which she groans to.

A/N: I'm ending it here because I want to give the party its own chapter. Also this chapter has not been edited yet so please excuse any mistakes.