10. Wishes

HPOV:

Hermione didn't see Malfoy after dinner. She guessed that he had already went inside his room. Hermione, however, knew that she had to get work done.

Setting her bag down on one of the couches, she grabbed her ink, quill, parchment, and History of Magic textbook. She walked over to the table by the bookshelves, determined to get at least one essay done before going to bed.

"The Myth of Mermaids...History of Wizarding Cities... Aha! Muggle and Magical Folk Separation. "

Hermione sighed contentedly, determined to forget what had happened in the Parenting Class. Pulling the book closer to her, Hermione started reading the passage, taking notes all the while.

"In the beginning, Muggles and Wizarding Folk lived together in ceaseless harmony. Each group used their talents to help the other group. For example, the Wizarding Folk introduced the concept of fire and other tools, while the Muggles introduced technology such as maps to us.

Around the year 1436, there was an uprising in the Muggle areas. Muggles were getting jealous that some humans had magic and some did not. The First Ministry of Magic was then formed, in the year 1438, to help control the riots and murders that plagued the world.

The First Ministry of Magic split into groups for each country in the world. Perhaps the most famous of the uprisings would be the Equality Murders, in Britain. This uprising was in fact, named by the Muggles, in their plea for the equality of all humans. They felt that all humans should have magic.

During the Equality Murders, Muggles killed any magical folk they came in contact with, even killing Muggleborns in their own family. The Muggles harbored a special hate for Muggleborns, because the Muggles felt that the Muggleborns were chosen. Muggleborens are magical folk from all-Muggle families.