𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

GOD'S FAVOURITE

The park was far too picturesque to ever feel as if it resided in reality.

Lime green grass covered most of the area with trees littered together as the leaves finally tore away to fly into the ground.

It was rather isolated for something labeled a public area though the smaller gems proved why she had made the trip in the first place. The chirrups of the birds every few minutes, the smell of lake water and fresh air blending together for a tantalizing aroma and even watching the many families that visited provided a comfort many would fail to recognize as such.

Today for example a family of five had made their picnic area close to the oak tree with both parents seeing to set up the homemade lunch and the boys, noticeably siblings, were racing around the area without a care in the world as they kicked around the ball, giggles echoing throughout even the forest and there blissful smiles would probably work to thaw even the most iced over the heart.

Y/N truly wondered how she'd found it in the first place considering all she had been doing is wandering the city, she doubted Mello would have been pleased to realize she had slipped out during the early hours but it had been her first opportunity to see Tokyo in her entire life and she felt like a clueless foreigner.

Mindlessly nibbling on a piece of chocolate she had swiped from the boys her attention directed towards the lake had been refocused onto the ground, more specifically the plastic ball hitting her boot.

"Kick it back!" One of the boys giggled and the other had already run over, they couldn't have been older than eight. "Is that chocolate!" He practically gleamed in excitement as Y/N paused mid-bite with wide eyes. "Please share! My Mom never lets us eat candy cause it's bad for us, hey! what's your name? You can come and play too!"

"Hoshi You're being rude." His brother scolded, kicking the ball back into his hands and bowing in apology. "Excuse him, he has no manners!" The younger stuck out his tongue. "That's our Mom and Dad over there, we're sorry to have bothered you with the ball!"

Her eyes trailed over to the family once again, more specifically resting on the elder male. Around thirty or so black hair surpassed his neck and the toddler in his arms happily yanked at the pieces of hair with a giggle following every time she succeeded in doing it. Despite the sharp pains, however, he only continued to coo softly at her, teasingly poking at her side before she ran into his arms and tightly circled her arms around his neck.

It was a loving display between Father and Daughter and one that caught the attention of not only Y/N, but several citizens passing by.

"It's not a problem. My apologies also my mind wandered off for a second." Y/N whispered yet her eyes were still trained on the scene, reaching into the jumper pocket she pulled out several wrapped chocolates. "Here, there British." She added, her conversation with Mello yesterday flooded back.

Giggling from the flurry of sweets he immediately focused on unwrapping one of the chocolates, dropping a few in the process. "Awesome! Thank you very much!"

"Don't get them on your church clothes!" The other groaned though his wishes held no weight from the smudged stains across his brother's cheek. "Thanks again." He turned towards Y/N. "I don't have much to offer as payment but-" Cutting himself off he pulled out a pendant. "Will you hold out your hand for me?"

Though she was initially puzzled by the request even Y/N found herself feeble to the child's bitterly sweet smile, his lips parted in unique excitement as she complied with his request.

Pulling it from his neck she took a second to admire the piece of jewelry, designed into a glittery angel with small diamonds painted on the wings and had it not been for the blinding sun already setting its sights on blinding humanity today then the glistening piece in front of her would've surely done it.