"I guess we meet again" I said looking at her wound. "I'm going to get you out of here" she looked at me and nodded. Natasha managed to stand before her legs gave out. I had her picked up before she could hit the ground. "I've got you, Natasha. I've got you" I whispered as I held her gently yet securely. Her hand wrapped onto the top of my jacket and I carried her out, still bridal style.

I carried her to my car as fast as I could and drove straight to the hospital.

After about half an hour Natasha came out of one of the rooms limping.

"How's the wound?" I asked staring at her half-hit leg.

"It's fine. The doctor says I just have to keep changing the bandages and disinfecting it so it doesn't get infected".

Obviously, because I am a gentlewoman, I put her arm around my shoulders and counterbalanced the weight.

"Thank you" Natasha thanked me as we started walking back to the car.

The way to the apartment was silent, neither of us spoke. As I parked in the garage and turned off the car, I turned to her.

"You need to take a shower; however, you won't make it with your leg in that state. Do you want me to talk to Wanda to help you?" I asked trying to help in some way.

"Neither she nor the others will be home...Wanda texted me, which you must have gotten too, saying that the sniper was not from Keane's mob. They all went to meet somewhere to talk about it" She grinned in pain.

"Shit, I forgot to check my phone" I immediately grabbed it and texted my brother asking how the conversations were going.

"You can go there. I'll stay here" Natasha said starting to open the car door.

"Stay put, Natasha. I'm not going anywhere. I'm staying with you" I stated getting out of the car giving her no chance to counter and walked to her passenger door.

"I can take care of myself," she continued trying to debate.

"I never said otherwise," I said, taking her in my arms.

"Alex put me down" Natasha started to move around trying to get me to let go but it didn't work.

"Stop it, you sound like a 6-year-old" Natasha huffed stopping still.

We rode the elevator up to the suite and I then took her up to my room. I sat her down on the bed and removed my jacket, placing it on my desk.

"Do you want to get some rest before I go wash you?" I asked her as if it was a super normal thing to do even though my heart was beating at over a thousand an hour.

"You're going to do what? Who says I want you to touch my body?" She asked stunned.

"Do you have a better option?" I asked her putting my personal belongings in my drawers.

"No..." Natasha whined.

"That's right. I'll be at the pool, right next door, while you rest a little" I said taking my clothes into the bathroom to change.

I headed towards the pool trying not to look directly at Natasha knowing she was already looking at me.

I leaned my arms on the edge of the pool and watched New York City with the sun already disappearing and the blue of the sky blending with a pink hue.

"Hey..." I heard Natasha's voice after some 15 minutes.

"Natasha? What are you doing here you're supposed to be resting" I turned around and focused my gaze on her face even though I wanted to observe her body in more detail with the black swimsuit that squeezed the curves of her body.