Deception, so pitiful

The art of pleasing is the art of deceiving.
-Luc de Clapiers

This quote was meant to be; the more you try and please someone, the more likely you are to deceive them. 

In my pitiful case, I pleased him and pleased me, so much. But somehow i came out that room deceived, no matter how much i try and please him i know i will always be deceived, because whatever we have going on will never ever be easy. I am promised an eternity of torment if this continues.

Whatever this is. 

Luc de Clapiers taught me many things, With Aleik forcing me to learn about great French writers and Philosophers, oh how i despised those French classes. But i can't deny that this might come in handy.

L'art de plaire est l'art de tromper

I will admit, in French the quote sounds way more posh and fancy. 

I haven't slept at all, I couldn't stop crying, i had to put a silencing spell on my bed. The others probably thought i was wanking off, but when have i ever cared what they thought. 

And i just had a brilliant idea ; The Black brothers speak French, correct? Well, i do too, i should send notes to Reg in French, if someone ever finds them, they will not understand them, except if they also grew up in a posh household and was forced into learning French but how likely would that be?

I could send my owl to Regulus, I'm gonna do that now, don't mind me. 

Gramma is a great owl, she is precise and discreet, everything i need to send inconspicuous letters. 

I give the envelope to my owl and she flies off.

R,
J'ai eu une idée de genie, pour se parler nous devons correspondre en Francais pour laisser ta réputation intacte.
bref, tout ca pour dire que j'aimerais apprendre a te connaitre, ou peut-etre on peut se revoir.
Amis?
A. A. Z.

(translation : R, I had a genius idea, so that we can talk, we should talk to each other in French to leave ur reputation intact. Well, all of that to say that i would like to get to know you, or maybe we could see each other again?
Friends?
A. A. Z.)

____

A very long 20 minutes later Gramma came back with a letter attached to her leg. 

I slowly detached the letter, for a moment i thought it was my letter and that Gramma didn't find Regulus but the way it was folded isn't my doing. 

I opened the letter carefully ; 

A,
Tu ne cessera donc jamais de me surprendre,
C'est une idée tres ingeniuese, je te l'accorde, mais je pense que c'est dangereux. Dans ta chambre il y a d'autres personnes, si un jour un d'eux trouvent la chouette avec une lettre ils pourraient etre curieux, ou si par malheut Sirius la lis, tu ne me parlera plus jamais. jamais tu comprends ca, je pense que des rencontres en personnes seraient mieux.
Amis. 
R.A.B.

(you will never cease to amaze me,It's a very ingenious idea, I'll give you that, but I think it's dangerous. In your room there are other people, if one day one of them finds the owl with a letter they might be curious, or if , god forbid, Sirius reads it, you will never speak to me again. you never understand that, I think meetings in person are more safe.Friends.R.A.B.)

____

He's right but ; 

Littera scripta manet
'the written  letter lasts'
think about that
i really don't feel like writing in French anymore so
ill just stop signing my name

wet hair and seasonal crushesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें