Chapter 12: Chuuya's Advice (part 2)

While Dazai was at home and writing about Kunikida, the Kunikida in question was at the bar again. He had decided to meet Chuuya and ask for more advice, for this situation only became more and more confusing.

Once again, Kunikida had made it there first, so he decided to try and figure out how to best phrase the question to his Mafia buddy.

Just then, Chuuya arrived and sat by Kunikida. "I have arrived."

"Long time no see," Kunikida joked.

"I know, right?" Chuuya agreed.

"Still avoiding coming to the agency cause of Dazai?" Kunikida asked.

"Yeah," Chuuya replied.

"Sorry to hear that," Kunikida said.

"Eh, it's fine. It's far from the worst I've heard," Chuuya responded.

Kunikida nodded. "I can imagine."

"So...I'm assuming you asked to meet cause you need more advice?" Chuuya asked.

"You guessed it," Kunikida confirmed.

"Have you still not been mad at Dazai?" Chuuya wanted to know.

"I did get a little mad at him earlier, actually," Kunikida revealed.

"What'd he do this time?"

"He tried to read my notebook."

"What's so bad about that?"

Kunikida was caught off guard by the question.

"Kunikida?"

But Kunikida remained frozen.

"Kunikida?" Chuuya poked him.

"Sorry, what?" Kunikida asked.

"You kinda froze," Chuuya replied.

"Oh...what were we talking about?" Kunikida questioned.

"You mentioned being mad at Dazai cause he tried to read your notebook, and then you froze after I asked why that was a bad thing," Chuuya reminded him.

"Because...I want to spare him the boredom of reading through all the endless lists I have in there. He'd definitely become bored after reading half a page," Kunikida fibbed.

Chuuya raised his eyebrows.

"What? That's definitely all I have written in there," Kunikida continued.

"Dude, you just might be the worst liar I've ever met," Chuuya remarked.

"Rude," Kunikida replied.

"I'm not saying it's a bad thing. It's admirable that you're an honest person...which probably sounds weird coming from me because my career is based off doing evil and illegal things."

"Well, thanks."

"So for real, why's it bad that Dazai tried to read your notebook?"

"I...have my reasons for not wanting him to read it."

Chuuya started to smirk. "Reasons, you say?"

"Hey, what's that look for?!" Kunikida demanded.

"Oh...nothing," Chuuya lied.

"Then why are you smirking like you might have an idea of what I wrote?" Kunikida queried.

"I bet you wrote something about Dazai," Chuuya announced.

"W-what makes you think that?!" Kunikida asked, immediately getting flustered.

"Just the way you're acting," Chuuya replied.