Chapter 14 - The Admittance Of Shared Feelings:

Start from the beginning

Edmund remained silent, clearly processing what I had just told him. Wondering if I was being honest. I had told the truth with every single word.

"For the record that is why you have always been my favourite, you still are. By the way, you're an amazing King in person as well."

Edmund's eyes met my own, he simply stared at me as a small thoughtful smile spread across his face. Once again his eyes started to switch between looking into my eyes and my lips and once again we slowly moved closer together.

The nervous butterflies were starting to build in the pit of my stomach. I have never kissed anyone before, I'm not really sure what I'm doing.

Before my thoughts could progress any further, Edmund's lips connected softly with mine. It was a little bit awkward, I don't think either of us had done this before, but it was still amazing.

We both pulled away slowly, and I looked at the ground, an immense overwhelming feeling of shyness washed across me.

"Sorry, I've never... Well, you know." I started to apologise.

"I haven't either," Edmund admitted awkwardly. "Maybe we could try that again?" He requested. His usual cheeky smirk was present and caused a faint blush to appear on my cheeks.

"If you would like." I accepted and a small smile grew on my face as our lips connected once more and my eyes fluttered shut.

Edmund appeared far more confident this time, as he gently pulled me closer as his hand wrapped around my waist. I don't think I have ever been so lucky. My first kiss was with Edmund. This only solidified my feelings from earlier. I had 100% fallen for the Just King.

Edmund's somehow always made me feel safe and special and I have developed ridiculously strong feelings for him, but I never thought he could feel the same. Edmund gently pulled away, resting his forehead against my own as we each let our happiness encompass our expressions.

I really really like you, Gwen." He professed, I gazed into his eyes and could tell he was being truthful. My smile continued to grow wider than before. I stood on my tiptoes and kissed him again. This time Edmund wrapped his both arms around my back, helping to hold me up to his height.

Neither of us could help but smile into the kiss and despite everything that has happened in the last 24 hours, I don't think I have ever felt as happy or safe as I do right now. Breaking apart, we both maintained our giddy, childlike smiles on our faces.

For a while, we just sat talking about the Golden age, England and how I grew up. After a while, it crossed my mind that we should probably discuss what has happened.

"Edmund, what does this mean... for us?" I asked shyly. He just looked at me and smiled.

"It means, I want to be with you, Gwen. I don't care what anyone says I want you." He said confidently as I smiled.

"It also means I should probably ask you something." He flirted.

"Princess Guinevere, Rightful heir of Telmar and of Narnia. Would you consider being my girlfriend?" I laughed at his attempt to be formal before kissing him lightly.

"Of course, I will, King Edmund the Just." He laughed and pulled me into a hug.

"But I'm not the heir for Telmar or Narnia, you know that right. My brother Caspian is, you know, the big tall bushy-haired idiot?" I teased. Edmund just laughed and hushed me before placing his forehead against mine again, holding me close.

"Edmund, I don't think we should tell anyone. For now at least." I advised.

He simply looked at me with a confused expression, almost slightly hurt.

"It's not that I don't want to or that I am embarrassed because I am not! I couldn't be prouder to call you mine. It's just that I think Caspian, Peter and the others have to be focused on the battle ahead. I don't want anything to distract them that could risk them getting injured or killed." I admitted, his expression turned into a soft smile.

"You always look out for others, that's one of the things that made me fall for you. Of course, we can wait if you think that is what is best." He said.

I feel so euphoric right now nothing could take away this feeling!  We once again leaned in but just as our lips touched I noticed a loud echoing sound coming from the forest's treeline. 

Soldiers followed by lots more soldiers were emerging from the treeline in a marching formation. This is not good. Okay, maybe this can take away that euphoric feeling.

"Edmund..." I said, clearly worried. "Go and get the others!" He nodded and raced back into the How.

Susan was the first to reach me at the lookout point, she had been in the armoury. Thankfully, she grabbed my bow and quiver full of arrows, passing them over. I slung my quiver across my back just as Peter, Caspian and the Professor arrived.

I still need to talk to the professor and thank him for saving my life 15 years ago.

Finally, Trumpkin and Lucy joined us, with Edmund following shortly behind, as we watched the army take their positions.

Miraz moved to the front on horseback, his oversized ego protruding from his solid gold armour.

I could feel the deep-rooted anger pulsing off of my body, it took every restraint I had not to shoot him with my bow and arrows then and there. All of the others stared out at the army with looks of shock, anger or worry. How had they found us so quickly?

Edmund just looked at me and wrapped a protective arm around my waist, earning an odd look from Caspian, but it was helping me to keep calm and keep all my arrows securely in my quiver.

This was it, we were about to enter the final battle.