Epilogue:

A few days later:

I had decided to take some time to explore the castle, my new home. I had discovered a library that appeared to be almost abandoned, so I did the only logical thing. Cleaned it up and claimed it as my own.

My final exploration was up onto the towers. I had seen a couple of them before from the raid we carried out but it was interesting learning how they all connected to one another through the castle. As I made my way up to the final tower an intense unexplainable emotion filled my chest.

I opened the wooden reinforced door, to see a spectacular view of the Kingdom. However, it was the item led next to my foot that caught my attention.

A torch. The torch. His torch.

It had been left up here this whole time. I pressed the small button that switched it on, surprisingly it let off a bright light. Somehow the thing had been left undamaged, despite being used to barricade a door that was broken down a few minutes later. I guess I only have Aslan to thank, that I have a constant reminder of him.

I smiled sadly at the torch, clutching it tightly as though it may dispapper, before walking down the stone spiral stair to the main body of the castle.

I cleaned the torch off gently, making it appear shiny and new. I'll keep it safe for him until he returns. I placed it on the small table I added into the library, before selecting a book I had read a hundred times, cover to cover,

The Lion, The Witch and War-drobe ~ An Account By Tumnus.

Meanwhile - London, England, Your World:

Edmund's POV:

The Narnian landscape morphed fluidly into the London underground right before my eyes.

Narnia was gone. She was gone.

I stood next to my siblings in my school uniform, back on the platform, next to our luggage under the bench as our train pulled up.

Looking around everything was as it should be. So why did it feel so wrong? The train came to a stop in front of us, the doors opening. The platform started to quickly empty with people rushing onto the train.

"Aren't you coming, Phyllis?" A peculiar looking boy asked, looking directly at Susan. Lucy, Peter and I shared an equally confused look, before all of us grabbed our luggage entering the train.

I started rummaging through my school satchel, as we all stood on the train.

"You don't think there's any way we can get back?" I asked looking up at my siblings. They all looked at me rather puzzled.

"I left my new torch in Narnia." I exclaimed, causing them to all start laughing whilst receiving strange looks from the other train passengers. Although that wasn't everything that Edmund had left behind.

The train began moving and I couldn't help thinking about Guinevere. My Gwen.

Her beautiful hazel eyes with those tiny golden flecks, her stunning smile, her wavy long brunette hair, her delightful laugh, her soft, plump lips, her attitude, sarcasm and stubbornness. I couldn't help but miss everything about her.

As we continued to travel to our respective boarding schools I felt a strange feeling in my chest.

It felt like something had connected with my heart. Somehow, I know it's her. It's my Gwen. This feeling is unexplainable, but it provides hope. A hope that I will see her again soon.