who in the hell?..

i always liked stories where the hero has no idea that they're destined for greatness. the sort of heroes that are living their lives and assume that nothing exiting will ever happen to them.

those are the kinds of heroes in this story.
they started as just a bunch of friends in a treehouse, looking up to their idols who had come before them...

but when disaster struck, and an evil monstrosity threatened to destroy the world, those friends discovered that heroes come from the most humble of beginnings.

they travelled the world to battle that monster, facing obstacles and sacrifices every step of the way. it wasn't easy, but they had eachother.

and working together, they struck it down and saved everyone.

soon, they were the most famous people in the whole world. and their legend, their fame, just continued to grow as they explored more worlds.
venturing into the great unknown.

.

.

.

"and that's how those five friends, plus the bravest pig in the world, took their place in history as some of the greatest heroes who ever lived." lukas read as he walked down the hall towards the others. those others being jesse, the man himself. olivia and axel.

olivia elbowed the sleeping axel, making him groan in pain as he woke.

"ah! whowahuh? what part are we at? am i being awesome?" axel spoke, still sleepy as the other two narrowed their eyes a bit.

"we thought it was great lukas, although.. not technically accurate." olivia criticized with a raised brow, making hand gestures every now and then. lukas nodded in acknowledgement.

"yeah, i mean, well, i definitely exaggerated here and there, but it was for the drama!" lukas argued. "i mean it made us sound cool, thats the good thing."

"yeah, but it might make people think we did stuff that we didn't actually do." olivia explained, trying to get her point over to lukas.

"i dunno lukas. if there's one thing our adventures taught me, it's better to just be truthful. let history speak for itself." jesse spoke, making a valid point as he usually does.

"i guess i can pull back on some of the uh... the exaggerations." lukas replied, giving in to Jesses' word.

"yeah like the part with the magic chicken. talk about implausible." axel mocked, leaning back in his seat.

"uh.. that actually happened." lukas replied, scratching the back of his head.

"oh, right."

"i had been hoping to have it ready by founding day, but, uh, next year." lukas said, smiling to himself slightly as he mentally noted a few things.

"i can't believe it's founding day already, sneaks up on me every time." olivia commented, lost in her own thoughts.

"congrats buddy- i'm proud of you for finishing it. it took a lot of work." jesse applauded his friend, though was slightly saddened that the book wasn't able to be published this year.

"i'm glad you liked it, you did so much. jesse, you're a real hero." lukas praised, honestly proud of his friend.

lukas then walked to the side, taking out his quill as he opened the book to a new page. "well.. this has all been really helpful feedback guys, once ivor and harper get back from their adventures i can add a chapter about them.. and then it will finally be done."

"man, they've been gone for a long time." axel mused, thinking back on the two for a moment.

after that, the doors to the hall began to open, olivia spotting the person at the door almost instantly with just a mere glance. "hey jesse, isn't that your intern?"

jesse glanced over to the door, his face gracing a slight smile at the teen on the other side of the hall. "yeah, it is. hey radar what's-"

jesse froze when got a closer look at the intern approaching.
instead of walking inside like he'd usually do with his pristine clothing in perfect shape, his emerald green jacket fluttering every now and again as he twisted and turned, looking at the artefacts and treasures that lined the hall with every step, the intern looked completely different.

radar's joyously happy expression was morphed into one of sheer panic, he'd lost his jacket as his chest heaved as if the intern had just ran a marathon to get here, his gelled hair was in a tousled mess as he ran towards them, not sparing one single glance to the treasures beside him as the teen tripped and stumbled.

jesse shook himself from his thoughts as he jumped down the short staircase of where he was sitting, only just managing to catch his intern before he landed flat on his face.

jesse sat radar down as he knelt infront of him, his hands on the teens shoulders as he asked the boy what made him get in such a state. though he had to get radar to speak up a bit as he mumbled, his intern wasted no time explaining the situation as he regained his breath.

"SomeoneCameInFromOutOfTownCoveredInBloodAndCollapsedAtTheGatesAndPetraWasNearbyAndWentToHelpBeforeOrderingMeToAskForAssistanceAndTheFirstPersonIThoughtOfWasYou-"

"say no more." jesse spoke in an urgent tone, shushing the teen immediately as he stood up. "you said they were at the gate?" he asked, making sure he heard right.

with a nod from his intern he was off, lukas and his friends tending to the teen as jesse ran for the gates, weaving between crowds of people left and right before reaching what he suspected was the crowd of people that surrounded petra and the outsider before approaching, yelling at them to move aside as they cleared at his word.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

when he reached them he saw petra with her arm around the strangers back, trying to lift him up without hurting him any more than he already is.

once petra saw jesse approaching she huffed, speaking to him as he walked over. "i could use a hand here! this guy's dying of starvation and MANY other things."

jesse nodded, internally agreeing that it  would be best to move this guy out of the streets before tending to him as he looped an arm under the guys left arm as petra did the same on his right.

they both had a few attempts of trying to lift him until the guy suddenly became a lot lighter, the two looked up to see a villager and one of the townspeople helping as they lifted the guy up by his legs.

the townsperson turned to them, their head was covered in dirty blonde hair with a few braids here and there as they looked at the two of them, his cold grey eyes shimmering with sympathy as he spoke to them, his voice low and rough. "we tan take him to my shop and tend to him there, he needs to get out of the streets."

the two simultaneously nodded, going all for it as the group carried the guy to the civilians shop.