𝒊𝒊𝒊. chapter three

⋆✩⋆ ─── *ೃ:.✧✲*─── ⋆✩⋆

☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆✫ 𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐎 ✫☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★
✫ 𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐎 ✫
★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★

     THE BREEZE OF SUMMER AIR BRUSHED THROUGH HER LOCKS OF BURNING RED.

     The woman sat upon the grass field, the ends of her dress, like a blanket of shadow, marked her presence in the viridian forest. Among the life and beauty of nature, she; the companion of death, watched as the young children run about in the shades of trees and with bushes of magnificent and colorful flowers surrounding them.

Motherhood was perhaps the hardest hindrance women had to face. Eventually in the lives of every female, the thought of becoming a mother, the possibility of creating a new life and raising them only to, in the end, always watch them leave. It was no easy thing for any being, to be apart from their own flesh and blood.

And despite never experiencing the joy and misery of being a mother, Minerva had taken the two Grisha children under her wings and considered them her own. They were her responsibility now, and she'd be damned to allow harm to come near any of them.

"Minerva, Luuk froze my fish again!" Called out the fuming girl with wild locks of ebony curls bouncing with each angry steps she took in her direction.

"You can't call every fish you catch your own!" And followed the sound of her brother, slightly taller than her and slumping in his walk as he rolled his eyes at the dramatics of his sister.

"Who says I can't?" Irina countered, throwing a glare at him over her shoulder. "And besides, you can't just freeze everything you see!"

"I was experimenting."

"On a fish? Why?" Irina frowned bewildered, coming to a halt once she reached Minerva and folded her arms over one another.

Luuk shrugged nonchalantly. "There wasn't anything else to try on."

The caramel skinned girl scrunched her nose in disbelief. "We're in a forest!" She gestured a wild hand to their surroundings. "There are countless things to practice on."

Neither children had yet to take notice of the scarlet haired woman watching them bicker back and forth in amusement.

"You're no better, what with burning all the trees." Luuk pointed out, an accusing hand jabbing in her direction.