I would never compare either one of my children to their fathers because both of them are abusive dick heads but Amir's giving me flashbacks to his dad.

"Did you just say you think of gay men as weaker?" He was trying to be funny and I was being serious.

"Ha. Ha. I have to get your sister ready for school, when I'm done you can text your boyfriend good morning."

"He's not-"

"Bye Amir." I walked away and into Imanis room.

After she finished with everything I let her pick her own outfit out and get dressed so I could go back to his room.

I knocked on Amir's door and he opens it really fast. He had to be near the door. For someone to not be his boyfriend he sure is eager to text him.

"Come on but don't be quiet, Beys still sleeping."

I walked to my room and he followed me. I got his phone and handed it to him.

I had my face all in his phone so I could see his password but he used face id.

"Go to settings." I was doing my read each last night before Bey came over on technology stuff.

"For what?"

"Go to settings. I'm not going to tell you again."

He did what I asked him to. "Click screen time and give it to me." I was going to set the password so I could be in control of what apps he can use and when.

"Is all this really necessary?"

"Yes and shh before you wake her up."

I must've spoke it into existence because she woke up again a second later. "Onika?"

"You're not wearing any pants!" She was about to get out of bed and her back was turned to us so she didn't know Amir was here.

I went to her side of the bed and got down on my knees so I could be on the same level as her. Her eyes were closed, I don't know why she takes so long to open her eyes after she wakes up.

"Good morning again baby." I kissed the side of her mouth, that's the best she was going to get.

The corner of her mouth turned up into a grin. "That was another accident?"

"Mhm. You didn't hear me using my baby voice? I confused you with Imani."

"This is the grossest thing I've ever heard." Amir was facing the wall now.

"The grossest thing I've ever seen was- I'm not even going to do that in front of your coach. Go check on Imani and leave your phone here."

He unfortunately locked his phone before he left the room. I just wanted him out so I could have alone time with Bey.

"I'm about to brush my teeth so we can kiss. Be right back." She hopped out of bed and went into my bathroom waiting.

I sat on the bed waiting for her. I don't know what Amir and Imani were doing but I was grateful.

I almost fell asleep waiting for Bey, she takes so long to brush her teeth. It's probably her germ thing.

She came out the bathroom smiling. "I just realized I have a toothbrush.. in your bathroom."

"I bought it, I know."

"I have something special planned for us to do at my house tomorrow. It's about what we were talking about the other day."

"I can't, Imani." August really ruined my weekends.

"Why don't you ask Robyn to watch her? I'm sure she wouldn't mind."