"Why are you wet?" Nathan asks. "You're shivering. Liam immediately takes off his jacket, wrapping it around my shoulders.

"Josh woke me up with ice water." I frown. "I'm not allowed to change."

"What the hell?" Liam yells, angry.

"I'm not allowed to eat either." I add. "They'll know if I eat anything."

"That's not happening." Liam says firmly. "We're going to fix this."

"Huh?" I say, confused. He pulls out his phone, and wanders into the living room.

"Go take a hot shower." Ben says smiling. "But keep the clothes. We'll soak them in water." I smile at him, grateful.

"I really can't." I say, regretfully. "I need to finish the list."

"Go." He says firmly. "Trust us." I doubtfully head upstairs, and hop in the shower. Oh, thank god this feels good. I sadly get out the shower, and get dressed. I need to finish that list. I head downstairs with my clothes, and I widen my eyes with the sight that I see. Liam's whole gang is cleaning! Doing the stupid, crazy, useless chores, on Josh's list. What is going on? I see Adam with a vacuum, Nathan cleaning the photo frames with a toothbrush, and and everybody else cleaning something. I head into the kitchen, and Sam is cleaning the ceiling, on Brodie's shoulders. I laugh. 

"What did you guys do?" I ask, aiming my question towards Liam and Ben.

"We're helping you." Ben says smiling. He takes my wet clothes and puts them in a bucket of water. "We'll take them out an hour before they come home, and make sure they're just damp."

"And." Liam continues. "I have separated the list between all of us. My calculations say, that the list will be completed around six." I stare at him, speechless.

"I can't let you do that." I say, amazed.

"Dude." Sam says from up high. "We have nothing better to do."

"And this way." Ben continues. "You don't get punished for going on the worst date of your life."

"Food's here!" Nathan announces. He has bags from Kenny's with him, and he starts to pull out bagels, and muffins and other breakfast foods. Another guy, I think he's called Isaac, comes in with trays of McDonalds coffee. Oh my god. There is a heaven out there. Everybody comes in to quickly eat, and they disappear with their food, to continue their jobs.

"How much do I owe you?" I ask.

"Nothing." He says simply, picking up a dish rag. I open my mouth to protest, but he cuts me off. "Don't bother. I've already pre ordered lunch, too." I give up, and I thank him.

"So." I ask Liam. "What have I been assigned on the list?"

"You are cleaning the basement." He smiles. "With me." I grin, and follow him into the basement, and we start to sort through the old stuff.

"So." I say, wanting to clear something up. "Are you sure that the gang that was here last night rejected Josh?" His eyes darken, and his fists clench.

"He double tracked us." He growls. "They made the alliance."

"What does that mean?" I ask.

"Josh just got a lot more powerful." He admits. "And a lot more dangerous."

"Why did he want the alliance?" I ask, wiping the window.

"More drug trafficking, territory." He says. "And..."

"And what?" I ask quickly.

"Nothing you need to worry about." He says. I stare at him sternly, not letting it go. He sighs. "Fine." He says. "There is a chance... Well, we've heard a couple of rumours that he might be.. setting up a prostitution ring." I look up sharply. "It's just a rumour." He says quickly. "As far as we know, it hasn't happened yet." He looks at me. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah." I say softly, sitting down on a milk crate. "It's just... All my life, Josh has been mean, and horrible. But ever since I found out about the whole gang thing, he got a whole lot scarier." He sighs, and sit's down next to me.

"I wish I could just take you away from him." He says. "Why don't you-"

"No." I say, cutting him off. "You know I can't. Josh has this weird... obsession about controlling me. He would kill me. But I'm turning eighteen this year, and I'm going to tell my parents where to stick it, and move as far away from Josh as I can." He stares at me, and slowly nods.

"And mean while." He says smiling, leaning forward. "We can get a whole lot closer."

And then he kissed me.