Chapter 9: HEROES NEVER DIE (HORIZONWATCH)

Start from the beginning

When it was over. Arc went beck and saw how much damage was on her suit. Clara even did a closer inspection.

Clara: Arc, she's wearing a chrono-accelerator. It's not too damaged, but if it doesn't get fixed, it'll break and she could get lost somewhere in time.

Arcturus: got it. (Crouches by Tracer and uses his gauntlet to pull out a repair tool) ok, I'm gonna fix your accelerator so you can get back on your feet, ok.

Not waiting for an answer, Arc begins his work. The tech was similar to his home world, so repairing this was equivalent to when he had to construct a functioning generator for class.

Arcturus: I'm Arcturus by the way. But, call me Arc for short.

Tracer: name's Tracer. (Beat) where did you learn to fight like that?

Arcturus: my mom.

Tracer: how did you moved so fast in lighting?

Arcturus: an accident. Was in a coma for 3 months, and when I woke up, I could run faster than the speed of sound.

Tracer: had an accident, too. Was a pilot testing out a new jet engine, but it went wrong. Next thing I knew, I could move through time.

Arcturus: ah, that's why you need this. It's keeping you in one place. (Finishes work) alright, you should be good to go. But first (hands a potion) drink this. It'll help with the pain.

The woman was a bit unsure about it, but she knew if he wanted to kill her, he'd have done it by now. She drinks the potion, and sure enough, she felt better. Her health wasn't full, but it was enough to get her back on her feet.

Narrator (mom): Tracer stands up and tests her suit. She then teleported around the area and seemed to be doing ok.

Tracer: (teleported back to Arc) thanks, love. I really owe you one. (Eyes widen in remembering something) the ambassador!

The two looked back at the crowd and people were still confused as to what happened. Arcturus looked at Tracer and saw sadness on her.

Arcturus: you did what you could, it wasn't your fault.

Tracer: still don't get it. Why did she do it?

Arcturus: not sure, but we should go. (Pauses) where do we go?

Tracer: (activates her earpiece) Winston, I'm heading back to base, and I'm bringing someone in. (Turns to Arc) alright, love, follow me. That is (smirks) if you can keep up.

Arcturus: (smirks) funny, was about to say the same thing.

Both then sprinted of in two blue beams (one of light and the other lightning) to meet up where Tracer needed to go.

*TALON HQ*

Widowmaker returned to base where three others were waiting for her.

Reaper