"Tess, you have to, Luke needs you. You're an amazing dancer and Luke thinks so too. He can't have two amazing dancers not be there for the first round."

"I guess."

"And when you come back you can tell me all about it over pizza and ice cream,"

"Okay fine, I hate that you know me so well. Those are my weaknesses."

"Keep practicing I got to go back to campus and practice some engineering."

"Alright be safe. Don't blow anything up."

"I'll try," Moose says as he gives me a hug and walks to the elevator.

*************************************************************

After a few days of practice, we were ready for the Battle of Red Hook. Me and the rest of the house of pirates walk into where the battle was going to take place.

"Welcome to Red Hook. The first round of the World Jam," The announcer spoke.

"Are y'all ready for the battle?" The announcer shouted.

The crowd around us started cheering and yelling in excitement.

"Red Hook, you ready? Pirates, you ready? Let's get 'em," The announcer walks off the stage-like area where we are supposed to dance.

The other group walks out with a guy walking on his hands and knees with a leash around his neck.

What the hell?

The man on the leash starts growling. Then finally the music starts to play.

The other group starts to dance and do some tricks. We're all observing them as they dance.

The groups start throwing chalk and putting other hands as they clap to make more of a dramatic effect. It was pretty cool though.

Finally, it was our turn to start.

We start the choreography that we learned and go all in.

We start off pretty well all of us being in sync and feeling the music. We change our formation into a diagonal and keep dancing with me being in the middle. We change our formation again and I front and center. After a few moves, I get picked up and we through the white chalk in the air creating a cool effect. The crowd whoops and cheers for us.

The other group starts again doing some tricks and an actual headstand. After the person doing the headstand falls, we start dancing again.

A few of us clap chalk in their faces as we dance and flip over each other. Then Jason does and back handspring and lands in the spilts making everyone in the building go crazy.

The other group starts us again and a girl emerges from the back doing quick but impressive hand movements along with the music.

She looks intimidating

Jason cuts off her movements and starts dancing and throwing chalk in the air. We all go out behind him doing the moves. We get in our final formation and Robot guys come out having us all do the robotic movements. Some people fall out of formation one by one creating a cool effect. We back the other group up to the wall at this point. I know we are going to win.

The crowd is hyping us up. The music finally dies and everyone goes crazy. Everybody is chanting for us telling the announcer that we should win this round.

The announcer comes from the shadows and goes to the middle of the floor.

"And the winner is... The Pirates," The announcer guy says and points his oddly shaped staff at us.

All of us crowd each other and hug each other. Congratulating each other.

I can't wait to tell Moose about this.

"The pirates are going into the next round," the Announcer guy yells.

I hug the twins and Natalie, and finally Jason.

"You did good kid," he says to me.

"Thanks," I say and we do a little handshake.

The crowd starts chanting "Pirates, Pirates, Pirates" over and over again, making us joyful and proud of ourselves.

(Y'all know I can't really describe dancing scenes so here's the video. The part where that one dude gest lifted up, just pretend it's Tess)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHRD776jSWE&ab_channel=Jahmed1472

**********************************************************************

We get back to the loft of the pirates and we go into the speaker room to chill for a bit.

Natalie digs around in Luke's bag and pulls out a camera. She points the camera at Luke and presses which I'm guessing is the record button.

"No, no, no," Luke says to her.

"Yes, yes, yes," Marco cheers.

"Now it's time for you to be on camera, my good-looking Pirate," Martin teases.

"You want some makeup baby?" Marco adds.

We all start laughing.

I walk over behind Natalie and sit down.

"So captain Luke, our fearless warrior, how do you do today?" I say in a terrible narrator voice.

Natalie turns and laughs with me.

"Ok you had your fun, no give me the camera," Luke reacher for the camera.

"Uh, uh, uh," I say to him.

"It's not so easy being on this side eh?" Jason pokes fun a Luke walking toward him.

"Yeah, why don't you keep walking?" Luke jokes.

"Oh look at this guy," Jason says and walks away towards the kitchen.

I get up and follow him because I'm in need of some Gatorade.

"Hey lil sis," he says to me opening the refrigerator, "What do ya need?" Jason has become an older brother to me in the few weeks I've known him and that's what he calls sometimes along with 'Tessie' and 'T.'

"Any Gatorade in there?"

"Yeah, light blue, orange, red, gray, and yellow."

"Give me the orange. I'm in an orange-y mood today."

Jason tosses me an orange one and I try to open it. I struggle with it for a couple of seconds and I hear a snicker from Jason.

"Will you shut up and help me?" I ask handing him my drink.

"Sure T," he laughs slightly and opens it without a sweat.

"I weakened it for you," I say trying to save my dignity.

"Oh sure," he says sarcastically.

I roll my eyes and take a sip.

"Has loverboy made a move yet?" Jason asks.

"What? Are you talking about Moose?"

"I take that as a no. One of y'all needs to make a move. It's killing me here."

"Sorry to tell you this but it's gonna keep killing ya because there's nothing going on between me and him."

"Sure," He says sarcastically.

"Listen T," he speaks up again. "Moose obviously likes you and you like him. Make a move before you give me gray hairs."

"Just dye your hair gramps, because nothing is gonna happen. By the way, can you take me back to campus?"

"Sure, I guess."

We walk out of the kitchen and towards the door.

"Aye y'all I gotta take T back to campus, see you later," Jason announces.

A chorus of 'Bye Tessa' comes back to me as I wave goodbye.

*********************************

Wooo. Another chapter guys. I hope you enjoyed and I am excited because my favorite scene is coming up YAY. Anyway have an amazing day