Prologue

Pain.

That's the first thing she felt.

All over her body.

"Ghw ksng kshgs hye jud."

Though it didn't make any sense, she could hear someone.

Being grabbed from behind, tossed and punched, she remembered it all from the last time she was conscious. Confused and scared, she decided to keep her eyes shut.

"It can't be true." A strong and cruel voice was heard.

"I am just stating the facts, Mr. Bhalla." Another voice followed soon.

"She was supposed to . . . Are you sure its not because of the all that tossing? Something we can fix with treatment?"

"No we can't. Do you think I would not tell you otherwise?"

"But that's not possible. I saw her file myself."

"I am just reading the reports. Unless the samples are someone else's . . . ."

Same two voice keep arguing. Their words made zero sense to her. Her throat was dry. She wanted to ask for water so bad but she decided against it.

"Dad. . ." A third voice said "What are we going to do with her?"

"I don't know Ashok. Can't even kill her. We need to stay low profile till the election." The very first voice, Mr Bhalla replied in a jiffy.

"Papa." Another voice said.

How many people are here? How big is this room?

She wondered to herself.

"What?"

"What . . . What if I marry her?"

What the actual heck is happening here? She asked herself.

"Why?"

"She . . .she is useless to you. And . . . And since we can't kill her . . . I . . . I thought to will help with my upcoming trip."

"That's the stupidest. . . Wait wait . . . it's not that bad." Followed by a small patting sound.

"Finally thinking like a Bhalla, uh?" The second voice said and was followed by some chuckles.

The sound of footsteps and opening of the door. She counted.

1

2

3

But the third one returned.

"Raman, you know why we wanted her right?" Ashok asked.

"Jee, bhaiya."