Winter's lips stretch in a tiny smirk, and Karina snaps out of it, scowl back on her face.

"Winter." The girl beneath Winter jumps up in surprise, gripping pale hips and prompting Winter to release another long moan. The movement must have driven the toy deeper inside her, and Karina isn't about to think of that right now. She snarls. "Shut the fuck up."

She slams Winter's door, and dark brown eyes are the last thing she sees, dark and hooded.

__

Two similar encounters later Karina decides she needs to take the edge off as well. Winter's got her wound too tight with her confusing mind games and midterms are just around the corner. She needs her head clear and void of distractions.

When she asks Wang Mei if she'd like to have dinner with her, the girl looks like she's lost her mind, but still agrees with a shy smile on her face. She was in Karina's history class and has been giving Karina curious glances since last spring.

This semester they don't have any classes together, so Karina figures she's perfect for her. She's sweet, cute and might be open to having fun without attachments and responsibilities. At least Karina hopes so. She isn't very well-versed in the art of one-night stands, but she doesn't have the time or the mental energy to go hunting for willing victims at parties like Winter does.

She's pretty sure one-night stands don't have dinner and don't go inside for a Disney movie and popcorn, but somehow that's exactly what Mei and her end up doing. To be fair, Karina's coy 'would you like to watch a movie' had been a very clear – in her opinion – hint, but Mei saw the stack of DVD's and practically squealed. And well, Karina's not about to say no to that face. The night is still young and the house is blissfully free of Winter, at least, she hopes so. She shot her a quick message on the way home asking her to go do something somewhere else because she's having a guest over.

The decision that's definitely in the top five of the worst decisions she's made in her life.

Karina knows she's not stupid. She likes to think she's a bright person. She also likes to think she understands people to some extent. But that extent is clearly not enough with Winter.

The dawning realization that she's basically invited Winter to torment her for an entire evening settles in when Winter plops down next to Mei and her on the couch, eyes alight and hair still damp from the shower. Karina was just about to lean in and capture Mei's waiting, shy mouth with her own, but the movement jarred her away from the girl, and it's by some miracle Mei and her didn't bump foreheads in the process.

"Oh, Little Mermaid! My favorite. Good choice," Winter happily announces, grabbing a handful of popcorn and putting it in her mouth one by one. Of course, since it's Winter, she can't just eat popcorn like a normal person. She has to coax pieces from her hand with her tongue. A tongue that then licks pink lips to catch the lingering trace of salted caramel left behind. Karina's own recipe. Winter clearly likes it, if the appreciative moan she lets out at the taste is any indication.

Karina barely stops herself from growling. "You hate Disney movies," she points out.

Mei is merely blinking at them, a polite, confused smile of a person not in on a joke frozen on her face.

Winter does hate Disney movies. She distinctly remembers Winter scowling at her DVD's and saying, and she quotes, 'ugh I hate those.'

The blonde fakes an offended expression however. "What? No I don't! I love this one." She grins. "It's better down where it's wetter." And gives Karina a slow, smug wink.

She doesn't know how winks can be smug, but Winter certainly possesses the knowledge and the ability to make them so.

Karina seethes.

"Winter." She ignores the widening of Winter's eyes at that. "Would you mind going to your room, please?" It's rude, she knows, but she doesn't have time to be coy about it. She just wants Winter gone.

Winter appears offended once again. If it weren't for her eyes, mocking and bright, Karina would've believed her. "Are you telling me to get lost? Seriously? It's my house too. I'm about to become your little sister in six months. Don't you think we should learn to share?"

Karina really, really wants to slap her. Both for being annoying and for the twisted implications in her suggestive tone. She's about to – grab her, punch her, kiss her, she doesn't fucking know – move, but Mei grips her hand that's still resting on her thigh, shyly moving it away and simultaneously telling Karina to calm down. "Maybe I should go?" She suggests quietly.

"You don't have to," Karina tells her, and it's true. Winter ruined their night: she knows that even if she takes Mei to her room now, the mood would still be gone, at least for her. The least she can do is let the girl finish the movie.

"Okay," Mei says with an easy smile, and settles back into the couch, eyes trained on the screen. Karina blinks. She won't lie, she definitely expected something more than this... complacency. Perhaps, she read her wrong, too.

She resists the urge to slap the back of Winter's head when she hears her mutter 'how sweet' sarcastically under her breath.