Chapter Four- Part Two

Începe de la început

A picture on the news caught my attention. I flipped back to the old reporter sitting behind his desk, my school picture beside him. “Three day’s ago, after a school fight with fellow classmate Jason Bishop, Nelly Mantigo has been missing. After reporters spoke with fellow students this is what they found.” The TV panned over to a recording of one of Jason’s friends.

“Yeah word was their parents arranged a marriage for them before they were even born! So Jason went around school telling everyone and she totally flipped out! I never seen anyone take Jason down, but Jason doesn’t fight girls.”

A slutty girl came on. “I think it was just some joke so she could get some attention.” She said innocently. “You know, ‘yeah I’m marrying the hottest guy in school’. She probably ran away when she found out that it would never really work.”

“And what do you think of the fight she had with Mr. Bishop at school?” the reporter asked.

“He probably didn’t want to go along with it and she flipped.” She said twirling a piece of her hair and chewed a piece of gum obnoxiously.

Another student came on this time it was one of my friends. She looked super pissed. “I blame Jason. She never liked him, she hated players and jerks, and Jason fell into both categories. She always said that a man is more than what he looked like. She was even content if finding her love with the dweebiest kid in school, as long as he listened and all that crap.” I laughed.

“Do you agree with her?” the reporter asked.

“Yeah, but I don’t think I would fall for the dweebiest kid in school. I’m way to athletic for that.” And she already found someone she loved on the football team, I added mentally.

“So how do you think its Jason’s fault?” the reporter asked.

“Jason was known for his flings with girls, I think he might of blackmailed her or something. Maybe it’s true and their parents set the whole thing up.” She shrugged. “I don’t think she ran away though. She doesn’t run from her problems, she likes to kick them in the …” Her interview was dubbed.

“Well if anyone has any news about Nelly Mantigo or her alleged husband Jason Bishop, please call this number. In other news the missing leopard from central zoo was found yester day…” I turned the TV off. Mel and John both stared at it blankly. I chuckled silently. Blackmailed? Not really.

Yes, everything was Jason’s fault, but he didn’t blackmail me. I started laughing uncontrollably. What could I do? That was the biggest load of bull that I had ever heard. Mel and John shrugged and with a little chuckle went back to what they were doing. “Idiot.” I whispered and calmed down.

Jason came back almost an hour later with four bags. He tossed one to Mel, who caught it easily in her lap and dug through the bag. He tossed one to John who quickly dove into it and slowly walked up to me and handed one to me. “I didn’t know what kind you liked so I got you that.” He said as I pulled it out of the bag. “We can trade if you want.” I looked at the burger. Just what I wanted. I glanced at Jason’s. I smiled and took the one he gave me.