𝐍𝐨 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞

.•°♪᯽05᯽♪°•.

"Madam?" Sophie took her face out of her arms before getting up to look at who called her.

"Are you okay?" She heard him ask again.

"He's real..." She quickly dabbed her tears away and got up.

She turned around and said "Yes, thank you," while facing an old man who appeared to be in his late 50s.

"What are you doing here? I'm sorry but this isn't open to the public," he bowed, waiting for her to leave.

"Oh no please raise your head. I knew the owner so... I'm sorry," she apologized.

"Oh!! You're a guest then!! Please come inside I'll make you tea!" He smiled while taking off his hat and showing her the way inside not knowing she knew it all too well.

"Thank you then," she smiled and followed the man.

"Um... What about the rose garden... Does no one take care of it?" She fidgeted with her ring. Sophie was hesitant but she couldn't not ask.

"That's not it... master told me to take care of it but I wasn't allowed to cut a single thing so... It's fine but a bit wild since the last 6 years," he chuckled awkwardly.

"Ah... You know J-" she didn't want to sound close to him. She didn't want anyone to know so she stopped but not asking wasn't possible. "You know Mr Park?" She implored.

"Of course!" He nodded while bringing biscuits to eat with the tea.

"Ah... How is he now?" She asked as she picked up the cup of tea that smelt like the garden she was just in.

She didn't know what to expect as she asked that question. She didn't expect him to have returned here. She didn't want him to have returned but that's what she hoped for. Even though she couldn't have him she wanted to see him. She wanted to complain and ask why he left her? Why he didn't return? Why did he let her go?

But it was all useless now... She was married. She had to control her feelings but wishing to see someone wasn't a sin. She was already thinking of her past love instead of her husband. The worst was already happening then just seeing him wouldn't be unfair to her husband.

"Oh, you don't know? Mr Park died 6 years ago..." He sighed but the sorrow was transient as now he was worried about the lady who had spilt the tea on her hand.

"Miss! Are you okay??" He asked.

Sophie didn't know what she was looking at, she didn't know what she was hearing, she just nodded and said "I'm sorry," before pacing out of the house.

She could hear the man following her, she could hear him calling her name but she couldn't look back. She couldn't slow down till she reached her husband's house.

"Ma'am, you're back," the maid bowed as Sophie passed her and ran upstairs.

She fell onto the bed. She lay silently while looking at the ceiling. Tears escaped from the side of her eyes wetting her temples and hair.

He was already dead. She had lived more than 6 years without even a glimpse of his face and a word from him so it shouldn't hurt.

"She just went upstairs." She heard a woman's voice.

"Oh okay," she heard Jake speak and quickly ran to lock the door. She couldn't face him, not yet at least.

"And please make some garlic bread for tomorrow's breakfast," he spoke again, this time his voice closer.

Sophie's hands were still on the door knob. She knew it was for her. Why does he have to make her hate him more with his useless acts for being loved?

ꨄ︎