I smiled greeting her, with Riley lingering behind me. "Glad you two could make it," Marian said smiling to the both of us.

"Well...we aim to please," Riley snarky tone didn't go unnoticed.

"From what I here...you're not a fan of being here."

"She's just--"

Marian laughed, holding her hand up. "No need to apologize on your girlfriends behalf. I was the same way when I first joined the group."

I looked at Marian curiously. "I thought you said you started this organization."

"Not necessarily," she said, apologetically.

Riley frowned. "So you lied--"

"No...I originally put the idea together," a random, but very familiar voice said coming up to us. Ricky stood next to Riley and me catching us off guard. "Hey you two...glad you could make it." Ricky looked at the frown placed over Riley's face. "Well...you're not happy about it but...you'll get over it."

"Is this some kind of joke?" Riley hissed.

"Joke?" Ricky smiled before shifting his expression more serious. "Marian is my baby sister," Ricky pointed out. "I think I've said that my life wasn't the happiest growing up. All I ever had was my sister and now you both. Trust me when I say...I only want you both to find happiness out of the things that brought you so much misery."

"Jamie...we came...can we go?" Riley asked eager to hear me say yes.

Honestly, I wasn't ready to leave. "Riley...we're only greeting others..."

"And theres still more after, to talk about." Ricky said directly to Riley. "Come on Riley. Don't be stubborn."

Riley shoved his arm away, "fuck off," Riley snarled. I huffed at Riley's behavior not understanding why she wouldn't open herself up to the idea of this organization being a good thing for her. More painful memories she wasn't ready to face, I concluded mentally. "You lied to me."

"Dude...I didn't lie. I just didn't want to influence your decision to join because of me."

"Trust me...you wouldn't have."

"Riley...lets just finish out the meeting," I pleaded. A few eyes shifted to us again.

Riley looked at me before turning to the gazes that were focused on us. Riley grew uncomfortable and I saw something in her eyes that I hadn't noticed till now. Shame...there was something eating at her from the inside that she felt all these people could some how see.

"Riley..." My voice softened only wanting to take care of her now.

"I got to go," Riley said briskly, blinking her eyes rapidly. She was about to cry.

Riley turned off, practically skipping out the classroom as I staggered after her. I couldn't run with my ankle messed up like this.

I stood there a few minutes looking pathetic alone. I knew what she would go off to. When she was really stressed out, Riley ran, like she did now, but this time she would go off for a actual long run.

"I'm sorry Jamie. I wasn't trying to be secretive...I only wanted--"

"You didn't do anything wrong. Please don't apologize. And Riley adores you. She won't stay mad at you forever."

"I hope this doesn't sway you away from the group. I meant what I said. You would be a perfect addition here...along with Riley. You two, together is what we'll need to make our case to this school in our next rally." Marian looked at me with hopeful eyes. "I will stay..." I needed to give Riley space and I couldn't very well chase Riley down with my injured ankle.