Chapter 1: Sam's dear Maria

Ever since I first made the profile of 'Maria Thomas' on Instagram, I've been receiving messages from all kinds of guys - young teens, middle-aged uncles and even guys pretending to be girls.
This isn't the first prank; it's just one of the lot, and after this, I'm still laughing and cringing immeasurably over the 'romantic' chats and the way people call Maria their 'dear, sweetie, baby, love' etc.

The Arvind account doesn't exist anymore, only the Maria one does, since Arvind became Maria ever since the crazykid prank; but Maria is the real deal. She's the one luring perverts into her cave and then mauling them mercilessly. She's nothing like the sweet, innocent, nice-to-strangers Rose - she's a total burst.

It's just that it's all the same person; Rose is Maria, Maria is Rose.

Not knowing this, more than twenty online perverts have brought themselves to me in the form of either a fake account or a real one. One of them was this, my latest and cringiest one till now: A guy named Sam.

His name was written as Sam, but I didn't bother to ask him his full name since I really didn't care

His name was written as Sam, but I didn't bother to ask him his full name since I really didn't care. From looking at his account, I could tell that he made this whole fake account just to chat with teenage girls like Maria.

He was really annoying, you can see that clearly from the first few messages. Always saying 'dear', and always messaging Maria a romantic 'good night, good morning, good evening, etc' like a caring boyfriend (intense cringe).

No, I don't have anything against love or romance, but I'd rather dump a 'caring' boyfriend like this than get spammed with stupid messages like these. I love my poor Instagram chatbox too much to let it get spammed mercilessly.

He then proceeded to call Maria (the Pinterest girl) pretty, not even bothering to search it on Google and find if it's real or not. Obviously, it isn't.

Him: What u do?

*Oh my God. What u do, seriously?? That sounds ULTRA PRO MAX INTENSELY cringe, like a first grade student saying English!

Adam's grammar may have been worse, but at least he said 'What do you do?' in this way 'Wdyd?' which means 'What do you do?' and is grammatically correct. But this... This violated my 'no-cringe rules' again.

Me: I'm a student.

Him: I'm working as a manager.

*And still, this kind of grammar which is worse than a student's? Wow.*

Him: What u study? In which class?

*Proceeds to facepalm and sigh at the 'What u study' thing. I guess he didn't listen when his teacher taught about 'do, does, and did'.*

You all know I'm in 8th grade right now and moving on to 9th, but here, I was Maria Thomas, a 16 year old half Indian-half Australian girl who's very pretty and very smart. So yes, I lied genuinely.

If that even makes sense.