Intermission_5

A/N: okay first of allllll super sorry for not updating. I get gusts of inspiration for multiple things at random times, so I get distracted from writing. I apologize for leaving y'all hanging😭 I really will try to update more, but they'll probably be shorter. I want to actually put effort into my chapters and not just write a bunch of random shit for you guys. So if they are shorter than usually, I'm sorry. I hope you all understand. I may not update as frequently, but I will finish this book I promise. Especially since this was my first big book. I have a special connection to it already🥲

as for the sequel I talked about. By the time summer rolls around, I'll probably be done with this book. So in summer, if I'm still motivated, I will write the sequel :)

Without further adeu,

————————————————————

Intermission_5

Abuela had sent me to my room during the party. I had stayed there as instructed for hours. No one came in— no. No one dared to come in, in fear of getting in trouble with Alma.

A couple hours had passed since the meetup. I laid still on my bed when I suddenly heard footsteps.

I knew those footsteps. Everyone in the family knew those footsteps. Those were the footsteps of the very person that everyone grew to despise.

Alma.

I immediately sat up on my bed and made myself look somewhat presentable. I looked at myself in one of my many mirrors to make sure that nothing was out of place.

Not a minute later, Abuela opened the door with much force. All the mirrors were filled with her figure.

She walked in with a stern expression plastered onto her face. "Camilo."

I gulped. I already knew what was going to happen to me-

Before I knew it, she was sitting next to me on my bed and embracing me in a loving hug.

I sat there absolutely shocked. My eyes were as wide as saucers and my jaw was hanging agape.

She rubbed my back as she spoke. "My poor Camilo.. My pure, innocent Camilo, soiled by those Castillos."

I stayed quiet. What was she even talking about? I wanted to say something, but quite literally couldn't.

She continued. "I'm so sorry we weren't able to protect you.. That evil girl probably seduced you.."

"Wait what?!-" I practically yelled while backing up from her grasp.

She just looked at me solemnly. "Shh.. it's okay Camilo. I promise from now on, we will protect you."

"Abuela it's not-" I start, but I am interrupted once more.

"Shh.. don't try to cover it up. I know. And I am truly sorry for not being able to protect you. I care for you so much, I'll try harder next time, for your sake." She leans over and ruffles my hair and gives me another endearing hug.

I hug her back this time, feeling conflicted about my relationship for the first time. I truly love Y/n.. but getting this type of treatment from Abuela was near impossible, but it felt nice.

Abuela broke the hug and gave me a warm smile. "Get some rest Camilo. I know today was hard for you."

I nod slowly, "Si Abuela.."

Next thing I know, she's up and out of my room.

I sit there quietly in my dark, empty space. I felt so alone so conflicted. But then I hear it.

A quiet knock on my window.