Chapter 13 Green Light

After several failed attempts to get a signal, Leafy was about to give up and tell Firey that she failed.

That was when she had one last, final idea: the volcano!

****************

Leafy slowly climbed the volcano, being careful to watch her step and her balance. After making it to the top, she stopped to catch her breath.

"*wheeze* OK. *pant* *pant* This should work... *wheeze* *pant*.", she panted.

Leafy got back up and held her phone up to the sky.

It was the moment of truth.

"Come on, come on, come on...", she said, crossing her fingers.

Suddenly, Leafy had connection!

It worked!

"Oh, my tree! It worked! It worked! Yes, I did it! Hooray!", she exclaimed, happily.

Leafy texted Firey to come to the volcano and climb it. It was the only way to get signal.

Firey was on his way.

*****************

After Firey made it up, he pointed his phone towards the sky. He got connected, just like Leafy said he would.

"Good job, Leafy! You did it! Now, we can have our dinner!", Firey said, happily.

Soon, the drone was able to get the signal and the tracker was working again. It worked like a charm.

The drone made its way to the two friends. They were waiting with growling stomachs.

"Leafy, look, the food is here!"

"Oh, finally, I was getting more and more hungry!"

After the drop-off and payment, the drone disappeared and Leafy and Firey instantly began to eat.

"I know it took forever, but it was worth the wait and the effort.", Firey said. "I couldn't agree more, Firey. I am just glad we got our food and the volcano is the perfect spot to eat. You get a pretty cool view from up here.", she replied.

It was true. The sight from the volcano top was a very beautiful sight to behold. The clouds even began to part, revealing the setting sun and the beautiful orange rays shinging down onto the island, making a glorious sight.

"*sigh* This was worth it.", said Firey. Leafy nodded.

It truly was worth it.