"What are you doing?" Edward asked me silently.

"Relax," I said, intertwining our hands together and giving him a reassuring smile.
Aro motioned with his hands for me to come forth. Edward's hand squeezed mine, as if sending me a silent message that I should listen. I mean, it's either that or they kill me. I walked forward, without allowing anyone to follow me. They were here to protect Ness, not me. I reached Aro, waiting impatiently to see what he wanted.

"Your eyes," he said in a fascinated tone, "they aren't gold or red. May I?" He placed his hand out, knowing very well the shield I've come to control, I can let down. But if I did, he could see into my memories which meant finding out I'm a hybrid, about Edward, and Xavier, and a lot of things.
I couldn't let him.

"No."
Aro's head went back, straightly aligning with his spine, standing straight.

"How dare you speak back," Caius spit.

"What is your name, my dear?" Aro asked with squinted eyes. He didn't seem mad or sinister at all right now and I think that's what worried me most.

"Hope."

"Hope, a lovely name," he paused. "Hope may I ask, what is your relationship towards the Cullens?"

"Why is it important?"

"You're a foolish child," Caius continues.

"I'm not a child, I'm grown, and it is not your job to chastise me," I fire back. I understood what this meant for me, but I'd rather die than be obedient and allow Aro inside my mind.

"Watch it brother," Aro told Caius, who, in response, died down. He then turned back to me, "I'm astonished by you. So I will make you all a proposition."

"And that is?" Edward asks with anger.

"This," he looks at me, trying to figure out what I am and why I am of use to him, "Hope. Hope for the little child's life."
My eyes widened and my mind swirled, he wanted me and in response Renesmee would live. It was an easy decision, none of them, not even Edward, would keep me and lose Renesmee.

"At least let me say goodbye," I request silently. Aro nods, and I walk back. I gave everyone a hug, even Bella, Leah, Paul, Embry, Quil, and Jake. I hugged Seth the longest.
"I'll miss you little wolf," I said to him. Then I hugged and kissed Edward.

"You can't take her," Edward said firmly to Aro when I was about to leave.

"That's not really your place Edward, Hope comes with us."

"It's fine, I'll be fine."
This time I didn't look back. The Volturi retreated, Aro staying a moment longer to look at the Cullens then at me. He held his hand out and I took it, and we left.

My new life from now on would never be the same. Renesmee would go on living and growing up with Edward and Bella, and I'd be serving the very vampires I wished to never meet. I already missed Edward but I wouldn't be selfish and stay, and let them take Renesmee's life. I cared for her too much to allow anyone to kill her, especially not for me.

Edward:

I knew the Volturi would try and bargain a price. Me, Bella, and Alice have been three of Aro's most desired members for quite some time. Maybe even Renesmee is on that list due to her gifts but never, never would I have thought the Volturi would bargain for Hope.
Seeing her leave with Aro broke me to pieces. Of course I wouldn't dare let anyone kill my daughter, but to lose my mate? Either way I'd be heartbroken and if it was up to me, I wouldn't let Aro have either of them.

Weeks ago, Hope was scared to death of what the Volturi would do if they found out about her, and now she was living her worst nightmare. And there was nothing I could do to stop it.

"Edward," Esme calls for me, but I was in too much pain to look at her. Only when I felt a small hand touch mine, did I move my eyes from the snowy ground, to Renesmee.

"I'm sorry dad."

"It's okay sweetie," I smile at her. "Come on, let's go home."
Even though we lost Hope and Irina, it was still a win for us. We didn't go to war with the Volturi, no matter how many times they tried to start one.

Hope's friends were devastated, and when Bella and I had looked back to everyone, they were all sitting on their knees on the ground. Even though Hope was more powerful and valuable than any of us, and more special than anyone could ever imagine, her personality was worth more than her gifts. She's strong, bold, brave, and more beautiful than anyone on this earth besides my daughter. And I'm truly going to miss her.

Well that is how the epic Volturi confrontation comes to an end. But their story isn't over yet.